Fuel Moto / Jackpot Mufflers USA's leader in EFI tuning and exhaust systems.

Sent wrong tune?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 07:25 PM
the_enforcer
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sent wrong tune?

I was wondering if I could get some help from somebody at fuel motto. I bought my power vision 2 and it was supposed to come with a custom map for my performance add ons. Well it didn't. Came with a custom tune for what said a 2012 softail. I own a 2016 breakout. Would like to get this straightened out so I can get back out riding again.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:45 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior
Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

Just because it's titled 2012 doesn't mean it's not the ideal tune for your setup!!

Old 10-24-2015, 08:52 PM
blackx-runner
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's only really a semi custom map. Think of it more like a generic map for softails with XXX mods. Same engines, same/similar exhausts and intakes are going to get the same "custom" map to start the tuning process.

Load it up, do a few auto tune runs and if you feel you have any issues the guys will work with you to get the map changed as needed.

My dad's 14 breakout also got a map labeled as 2012 softail we started with that, had some issues and worked with Jamie until we got it right where it should be.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:18 PM
the_enforcer
Cruiser

Yeah. I get that. I looked at the screen when it said 2012 softail and thought, maybe that's just something they put in when the add the tune. Tried to tune and it said "this tune is incompatible with the vehicle connected or not a supported software level". Tried anyways and it said on the next screen error couldn't create new tune. So that's why I'm asking for a little help here

Old 10-25-2015, 06:24 PM
twp98
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Try calling or emailing them. They are a great company to deal with. They got me a new map fast.

Old 10-25-2015, 08:56 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior

Did you try downloading one from Dynojet site just to get yourself going? I just got one from Jamie, took just a little over 24 hours.

Looks like there are no tunes for a 2016, when a 2015 is selected is comes up with all 2012 titles ..........

http://www.dynojet.com/powervision/p...03&AEngS=103ci

S&S Cycles has a bunch too and they're title 2015!

http://www.sscycle.com/tune-files/power-vision/

Old 10-25-2015, 09:24 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

Make sure your PV and WinPV software are updated and then update the .pvt file then flash that to your ECM and then run AT.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:48 PM
the_enforcer
Cruiser

I tried calling yesterday and they are closed on the weekends. Sent an email. Still waiting for a response from that also. I followed the directions that were with the pv2. I don't want to start poking around on it and mess something up. I haven't installed the software to my computer. I was under the impression you don't have to. Am I wrong?

Old 10-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Beaux
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by the_enforcer
I tried calling yesterday and they are closed on the weekends. Sent an email. Still waiting for a response from that also. I followed the directions that were with the pv2. I don't want to start poking around on it and mess something up. I haven't installed the software to my computer. I was under the impression you don't have to. Am I wrong?
You're gonna have to now if the tune on the PV isn't good. You have to have the software setup to transfer the tunes sent to you onto the PV.

Your also gonna have to put a little more effort into knowing how the PV works. I would have grabbed a tune someplace else by now and been on the road .........

Old 10-26-2015, 10:55 AM
the_enforcer
Cruiser

Yeah I will install the software on my computer when I get off work today. I did read all the instructions/directions from both dynojet and fuel moto. I understand you have to transfer the tune from the software to your power vision tuner but mine came with a custom map ALREADY loaded and it said nothing about having to install the software on computer. Jamie with fuel moto got back to me this morning about my tune. I'm sure he will get it figured out soon.

Quick Reply: Sent wrong tune?