Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Traxxion Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxion Dynamics

I have attemptedto figure out a way to post this under a Group Buy or Group Discount Header, but cannot find one on this site. I have set this same discount up on another CVO forum I am a member of, and thought I would pass it on here for those interested in making a NIGHT AND DAY difference in the way their bike's front suspension behaves. There is NOTHING else like this out there, as this company machines these cartridges in house...completely manufactured in the USA. This is not an inexpensive upgrade, but in my opinoin, is the best money you can spend on your bike for performance and safety. I am in no way connected with this company...I just want other riders of HD's to know there is something else available for their front forks to make them handle like something other than a '68 Buick.

I have worked out a bit of a deal with the Traxxion Dynamics company, if anyone is interested. They have great success with the Sport Bikes and Gold Wing owners, but are trying to break into the Harley market, so are offering us a discountif youare interested in their full cartridge system, the AK-20. Here's the link to their website to read more about it:

http://traxxion.com/

Normal price for the AK-20 suspension, with adjusters, is $1149. Installation kit is $150. Seals and new bushings (HD parts) are between 40-50 bucks. So total NORMAL price would be approximately $1350.

GROUP PRICE TOTAL: $1149

You have two options:

Option 1) Remove your forks, ship them to Traxxion, they do the work, ship them back to you and you reinstall. Detailed instructions on shipping/packing and also a secure work order form is here: http://traxxion.com/cruisers/harley_home.htm
This form will ask you several questions regarding type of bike, weight of bike, your weight, passenger weight, what kind of rider you are, for what purpose is the bike primarily used. There is also a comments section....Include a comment here saying you are a member of theHDFORUMS.COM FORUM This will give you the price of $1149.00. You may mention that price in the comments section as well. This form is critical if you are shipping your forks...they use this to prioritize the work flow by date submitted, and set your suspension up according to how you answer the questions.

TURN AROUND TIME IS APPROXIMATELY7 - 10DAYSAFTER THEY RECEIVE THE FORKS Could be sooner, depending on season.

Option 2) Ride/Trailer your bike to their location, just North of Atlanta, Georgia (Woodstock, GA (directions are available on their website))...AFTER CALLING MIKE OR DAN @ 1-770-592-3823 AND SETTING UP AN APPOINTMENT...one of their techs will pull your forks, hand them off to the install/setup technician, then reinstall after the AK-20 has been fitted and set up for your bike using the same information asked on the above mentioned form..ie. model, your weight, etc. Allow 4-6 hours for installation. There is an additional charge of $100 for this service, plus you will pay County sales tax $100 for pulling the forks off our bike is a BARGAIN. Tax is tax. (IF YOU HAVE DONE ANYTHING RADICAL TO YOUR FORKS TO MAKE THEM MORE DIFFICULT TO GET ON/OFF OR TO WORK ON, THIS CHARGE COULD BE MORE)

If you would like to read two experienced rider's reviews of this system, please see the Touring Section/Traxxion Dynamics Thread.

Also, I have attached a letter from another rider who had this work done.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28783/D5A276C7A49C4AFA987ED2F2BA13DE15.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Traxxion Dynamics

OK..i'm in ...gonna try to schedule them doing it with me ridin in the first week of May....woohooo...thanks blueslover

Old 04-10-2007, 09:27 AM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

TTT

Old 04-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Blueslover
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Bryan TTM

OK..i'm in ...gonna try to schedule them doing it with me ridin in the first week of May....woohooo...thanks blueslover
B...you will be amazed!! Please be sure and post your reaction to the install and the differences you feel in the bike. I am confident that you will have nothing but good things to say about the entire experience. The guys at Traxxion are fantastic people to work with, and they have a really nice shop.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Blueslover
Cruiser

Just bumping this...best money you'll ever spend on your bike...no comparison to anything else available, period.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:10 AM
0204665J
Tourer

Bryan,

Did you ever go in and get this done? I am thinking of doing this on my 2006 Street Glide. They are abour 6 hours from me and want to see if it makes that much of a difference.