Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

drunk kid pushed over my Springer in a motel parking lot...pix w/alignment questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:59 AM
HeadshotSK
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drunk kid pushed over my Springer in a motel parking lot...pix w/alignment questions!

So I was in the middle of my dream vacation when I limped into a town in Montana in the cold and mountain darkness, and the police were called at 2am to the parking lot, for which my beloved Springer Classic was pushed over by a drunk teen girl who was assaulting her boyfriend. She also ruined the American Flag from its pole on the office wall.

Anyway, so I know what terminology to use, and the appropriate place to bring it for estimates, can anyone gauge an eyeball assessment of what could be the issue here?

For the record, amazingly, the stiff leather saddle and the Kuryakyn Mk IV extenders/pegs saved the bike from any further cosmetic damage. The bars feel good, however judging from this shot the impact of the fall from this heavy beast may have bent them ever so slightly.

Also, the neck was locked for the night and somehow she managed to knock it onto the far side (right) so the right grip definitely took some of the blow...

Anyway, it ran great the rest of the trip. The cops couldn't charge her because her wasted dumb *** wouldn't fess up to it. Although her sister apologized profusely for her sister's deeds and offered to pay for the damages...yeah right!

Attached Thumbnails drunk kid pushed over my Springer in a motel parking lot...pix w/alignment questions!-neck-006.jpg   drunk kid pushed over my Springer in a motel parking lot...pix w/alignment questions!-neck-009.jpg  
Old 08-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the sticker is crooked--I want to say more here but I can't...I'm sorry.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:50 PM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 153 Likes on 95 Posts

Just put the side of the front wheel against something solid and twist the bars back into alignment. This wasn't uncommon in the old days after a night of drinking and bar hopping on the bikes.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:04 PM
HeadshotSK
Intermediate

I did get it to my dealer just down the street from me, trying to size up a Geico claim and the 'springer' guru (looked like Schneider lol) came out and said cuz it's all rubber mounted up there it's nothing to pull it back into alignment...
now, that damn wobble! That'll be another issue non related to the spill...

Springers sure are gorgeous in every way, but yeah, loads of little maintainence tweaks over time

Guess I got lucky on this one.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:06 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

I'm biting my lip here...

Old 08-26-2011, 09:13 PM
HeadshotSK
Intermediate

FYI this is what the trip was all about! 28 days, 8k miles.
Why the hell do my fingers click?

Attached Thumbnails drunk kid pushed over my Springer in a motel parking lot...pix w/alignment questions!-22-040.jpg