Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

What Is The Very Best Softail Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 01:37 PM
arachman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Is The Very Best Softail Suspension?

I have an 05 Softail Deluxe, i have not been able to log a lot of miles on it due to a spianl chord injury. I am not a parapalegic but I live with very severe neurogenic pain. I was only able to log about 5000KMS this year due to the pain. I noticed that near the end of the season it seemed that every pebble I ran over cause me more discomfort.

I would be very interested and it would help me out a lot if I could get opinion or experiance with upgrades to the shocks. I only have a couple of days before I have to make a choice on which way I am gonna go. Should I go with the new progressive 422 shocks that i seen a recent article in a magazine about? Or should I go with the Airtail?

Basically i need the best smoothest ride i can get!!!

Old 11-12-2006, 07:58 AM
nobody
Cruiser
Default RE: What Is The Very Best Softail Suspension?

If you want the best suspension for your softail,then there is only one choice.FOURNALES make the best shock absorbers for for Harleys period.Once you have ridden a Harley fitted with FOURNALES then you wouldn't ride without them.You might need to Google FOURNALES to find out about them in your area.But you can find out about the product from their French website.You won't be disappointed.But be warned,they are not cheap.And before anyone asks,I have no affiliation,just love the product.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7663/2C9935C6FF6F4291BD20A46CFF6A87FF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-13-2006, 04:46 PM
RandyM1911
Tourer
Default RE: What Is The Very Best Softail Suspension?

ORIGINAL: arachman

I have an 05 Softail Deluxe, i have not been able to log a lot of miles on it due to a spianl chord injury. I am not a parapalegic but I live with very severe neurogenic pain. I was only able to log about 5000KMS this year due to the pain. I noticed that near the end of the season it seemed that every pebble I ran over cause me more discomfort.

I would be very interested and it would help me out a lot if I could get opinion or experiance with upgrades to the shocks. I only have a couple of days before I have to make a choice on which way I am gonna go. Should I go with the new progressive 422 shocks that i seen a recent article in a magazine about? Or should I go with the Airtail?

Basically i need the best smoothest ride i can get!!!
You might want to try posting this over in the Softail section. There are a few folks over there using Legends, Progerssive Airtail, and some others. Sorry to hear about the back. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

-Randy