Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

What shocks will give me the best ride?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010 | 09:04 AM
Recon
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Recon
Im still waiting too. Dissappointing really. I was really exited after the reviews.
Finally got thr Ricors. After a short ride yesterday....worth the wait.

Old 10-22-2010 | 09:31 PM
Hal@Ricor
Cruiser
Default Sorry about the wait

Originally Posted by Recon
Finally got thr Ricors. After a short ride yesterday....worth the wait.

Again.. .Ricor Racing Shocks has no issue with Ohlin or Fast Harley and his distributorship and or custom upgrades he does with them. Probably the best conventional shock out there that is available. I have no personal experience with them other than on our dyno machine. They work and there are enough customers out there who bought directly from them or through Fast Harley who will attest to that.
Yes he was rather sharp with me via a PM (not directly on the forum) on my very first post when I made reference to our Sporty products on another forum. I would have to agree he knows what he is talking about and can be somewhat “guff” at times with forum members. It is what it is, and most of us on the forum recognize that by now. Not that big of a deal, we are all different and respond to perceived attacks differently.. but gotta admit it is fun to read at times and perhaps is some of his motivation, they keep what he is doing with his business on top, and our also when he reference us. It is just business.
Bottom line.. we believe we have the best IAS equipped shock available. No one can reach back and make adjustments to those types of shocks that have adjustable rebound and compression settings to changing road conditions faster than a 3rd generation IAS equipped shock can, as it will change automatically, on the fly to anything you encounter. We offer a money back guarantee if YOU do not believe the shock you purchased from us does not give you a better ride experience than whatever you are using now.. Ohlin, Wiburs or any other high end shock that is available. Please let me know if anyone else offers that kind of money back guarantee. I recognize that those who have already upgraded to a conventional performance shock would be reluctant to buy ours as what they have is an improvement over what Harley offers from the factory. Be happy with your shocks and support the company or individual who modified them for you. Not a problem.
Yes we have offered steep discounts to those who post regularly (and not just on this forum or type of bike) who wanted to do a comparison analysis for us. A lot better bang for the buck than putting an ad in a motorcycle magazine about a product line not many Bike Riders have heard of and I am not the least bit ashamed for using that avenue of marketing. We are still a small R&D company that reserves the right to continually make improvements in our product line.
Want the BEST SHOCK available? Give us a try. You may have to wait a bit to get them as we do not have anything off the shelf waiting for an order, and have to order some parts we need from other suppliers (mainly springs) then build them to your specifications. We guarantee you will be satisfied and will work through any minor issues you may have in setting up your ride correctly.
Hal@RICOR

Old 10-23-2010 | 11:32 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor

Hal, I never wish to discuss shock business, yours or mine in public, as that is just poor HDF Member conduct. I would really wish to know what forum I sent you a PM from as I can not remember any other forum I post on to you. I guess I could come up with a few things myself in hidden PM's. Please remind me in form of a PM. I never refer to your company with the exception when a member was posting untruths about what I printed about your company (I did not), I asked all members to read my posting and exposed the lying sack of sh*t to all who wish to read it. What is good about the internet is all of the information is read and if the post are changed, it is listed on the bottom, well enough time wasted on this.

If you wish a for real comparison (if in fact that is what I am reading into your post), please just show up at a real track event. This is where you will find riders who know what they are doing and do this for a living, I am sure that everyone of these riders would welcome the next best thing.

As we all know in the business, the only purpose of a shock is to provide the traction to win on the track or provide safety and comfort on the road. The only way you can get traction with like type bikes & tires: moving the wheel over road irregularities without moving the frame. Moving mass (the frame and rider) takes too much time a mechanism needs, such as a swing-arm, tire, and wheel to react to a changing in surface conditions.

Of course the fact that shocks generate heat when they work, it is necessary to address the oil changing viscosity due to heat and an attempt to cool it (Ohlins uses external reservoirs).

The emulsified shock is where oil and nitrogen are in the same chamber. When the shock moves rapidly, the oil and nitrogen mix and produce a foam up. When that happens, the shock goes into shock failure no matter whose shock is being tested if it is emulsified. This happens when at higher working cycles and not at slow speeds of the shock cycling up and down (very smooth pavement).

The separated shock is where Ohlins puts a floating piston between the nitrogen and oil. When the nitrogen is pressurized, the piston pushes on the oil charging the oil with pressure and eliminating any possibility of foaming.

I put on my site photographs and explanations Shocks Explanation of exactly what is in the Ohlins shock and how they work as well as air bag and OEM air shocks.

>>> somewhat “guff” at times with forum members
<<< I make no apologies for disdaining members who speak on a subject matter with no knowledge than spew subject mater that is not true or they know nothing about. Not one of these members put any fact behind what they say. I also really dislike lying POS members who print crap that simply not true. I have to call them out. No one will ever hear me sugar coating an event as I tell it like it truly is.

Unless the laws of physics have changed when I have not looked last, that is the long and short of it. I would think that a superior product that Ricor is touting themselves as, (Hal), your product should be introduced at the track for all to purchase and win with. I, for one, would never turn down an education. Just show up as an option for existing suspension solutions at a for-real world class track with all of its riders and all of its opportunities for competition. The track is open for all to come and compete.

>>> Yes we have offered steep discounts to those who post regularly (and not just on this forum or type of bike) who wanted to do a comparison analysis for us
<<<
"The track is open for all to come and compete" Would that do for a pool of actual for real knowledgeable world class riders who truly know about riding and motorcycles, would that work for you?

There is no difference between the pavement on the track and that what is on the street except the value and amplitude.

PLEASE
Hopefully there will never be another reason for me to mention the Ricor product line or you Hal or your son in any of my future posts as I view the aforementioned as just poor etiquette on my part and do not wish to do it. I need to quit wasting time on this crap and get back to work.

Last edited by FastHarley; 10-23-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling and grammer
Old 10-25-2010 | 09:10 AM
Recon
Cruiser

Now that I have some miles on the Ricor shocks i am very , very happy with the improved ride. Impressive, thanks Ricor guys.