Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

X-factor or Traxion Dynamics fork cartridges

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:40 PM
langhammx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-factor or Traxion Dynamics fork cartridges

Has anyone bought either one of these fork cartridge kits for a bagger ? I recently purchased a set of Ohlins shocks and want to improve the front of my bike too. I lowered the front end with a race-tech kit and I hate it. A little bit better than stock, but still terrible. I have a '08 FLHX, please comment, if you have any knowledge of either kit. Thanks, Shaun

Old 04-22-2009, 11:28 PM
tbrenan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Traction Dynamics appear to be the answer to the Gold Wing problems, I was interested for my wife's Dyna until I found the price---to much for me, BUT that said the local suspension guru offers a full refund if you are not satisfied and he said he has never been taken up on his offer, as to X Factor I have never heard of them.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:49 PM
langhammx
Road Captain
Default x-factor

Originally Posted by tbrenan
Traction Dynamics appear to be the answer to the Gold Wing problems, I was interested for my wife's Dyna until I found the price---to much for me, BUT that said the local suspension guru offers a full refund if you are not satisfied and he said he has never been taken up on his offer, as to X Factor I have never heard of them.
X-factor can be found on motorcyclemetal.com , He is the official Ohlins dealer and also Penske. He offers inverted fork kits too. Made from Ohlins parts w/ triple clamps. They (inverted fork) look trick, but make the bike look a little wierd, with the rake/trail difference. Kinda makes the front end stick way out. I'm hoping that someone has had experience with these 2 kits and I can get some feedback. I'm ready to but a set. Tired of the crappy ride w/ the lowered race-tech kit.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:03 AM
REED
Intermediate
Default X factor cartridges

I just had Howard at Motorcycle metal make me up a new set of fork tubes for my 06 Dyna FXDI3500 all chrome with Vrod lowers and dual Brembo Brakes. The whole kit was a little pricy but I believe I got what I paid for. Howard is quite a character but you cannot believe his communication and he has everything set up for me (taylored to my weight and riding combination and engine configuration abt 160 hp and Baker DD7 trans). I hope to get it all set up in the next few days so if you keep your eyes on the new posts I will definitely be posting pics and my impression of all my winter mods eg ohlins 1 1/2 longer than stock new forks w x-factor cartridges 1 1/2 in longer, DD7 trans and new Metzler tires. Lots of changes but everything together sghould make on hell of a combination. I live in Alberrta so with the distance and problems with shipping and customs Howard made me a complete set of fork tubes using all new parts. Thanks agn Howard. tom REED

Old 04-23-2009, 02:39 PM
langhammx
Road Captain
Default x-factor

Originally Posted by REED
I just had Howard at Motorcycle metal make me up a new set of fork tubes for my 06 Dyna FXDI3500 all chrome with Vrod lowers and dual Brembo Brakes. The whole kit was a little pricy but I believe I got what I paid for. Howard is quite a character but you cannot believe his communication and he has everything set up for me (taylored to my weight and riding combination and engine configuration abt 160 hp and Baker DD7 trans). I hope to get it all set up in the next few days so if you keep your eyes on the new posts I will definitely be posting pics and my impression of all my winter mods eg ohlins 1 1/2 longer than stock new forks w x-factor cartridges 1 1/2 in longer, DD7 trans and new Metzler tires. Lots of changes but everything together sghould make on hell of a combination. I live in Alberrta so with the distance and problems with shipping and customs Howard made me a complete set of fork tubes using all new parts. Thanks agn Howard. tom REED
Ya he's pretty funny, they don't make 'em like that anymore.. lol PLEASE keep me informed on the forks. I am hoping to get some feedback on the 2-kits soon, I'm not very patient. I have heard two people comment on the traxxion kits and they were raving about how well they worked, but I haven't heard anything on the x-factor kit. Thanks again, and look forward to backfeed on your set-up. Shaun

Old 05-15-2009, 01:45 AM
REED
Intermediate
Default X factoir cartridges

Originally Posted by langhammx
Ya he's pretty funny, they don't make 'em like that anymore.. lol PLEASE keep me informed on the forks. I am hoping to get some feedback on the 2-kits soon, I'm not very patient. I have heard two people comment on the traxxion kits and they were raving about how well they worked, but I haven't heard anything on the x-factor kit. Thanks again, and look forward to backfeed on your set-up. Shaun
GOT MY NEW FORK LEGS WITH XFACTOR CARTRIDGES just got the new forks with cartridges installed along with chrome vrod sliders and dual Brembo brakes on the front and the top liune Ohlins onb the rear of my 06 FXDI3500 as well as the new Baker DD7 trans and wow!!!!!!!!! this thing feels like a whole new bike, the difference is fantastic, I am 270 + a few pounds and the springing was also made for me but man what a difference, I used to ride an 1100 Katana with clip ons ande rear sets ande this feels better than I remember the Katana everfeeling. I can`t wait till I I really get it set up properly, I have no wallow in the corners, rail tracks, bridge aproaches, grooved pavement and manhole covers seem to disapear under the susp, no more bottoming out or otherwise violent reaction from the susp. Howard from motorcycle metal made the cartridges and front fork setup for me and did a fantastic job, everything arrived in excellent condition (his packaging was great) and the whole instaLLATION TOOK ME LESS THAN 3 Hours. I spent lots but believe me I think this has been some of the best spent money I have put into my bike, Do it again in a hearttbeat without question.
Bike even feels great setting back to the ground from having the front end up 3 feet in the air and is much more stable when applying power coming out of the corners. Thanks again Howard for an excellent setup and a job well done. My score 10 out of 10 thanks TOM

Last edited by REED; 05-15-2009 at 01:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-10-2011, 09:55 PM
buzduz74
Novice

Originally Posted by langhammx
Has anyone bought either one of these fork cartridge kits for a bagger ? I recently purchased a set of Ohlins shocks and want to improve the front of my bike too. I lowered the front end with a race-tech kit and I hate it. A little bit better than stock, but still terrible. I have a '08 FLHX, please comment, if you have any knowledge of either kit. Thanks, Shaun
I have the front fork shocks on my Bagger. Love them. Bike rides better and handles MUCH better. Has better feel no dipping front anymore.
Bit pricy
Buzz

Old 06-11-2011, 01:10 AM
langhammx
Road Captain

Originally Posted by buzduz74
I have the front fork shocks on my Bagger. Love them. Bike rides better and handles MUCH better. Has better feel no dipping front anymore.
Bit pricy
Buzz
? Do you have the Traxxion Dynamics fork it ?

Old 06-11-2011, 08:14 AM
buzduz74
Novice

Yes. Sent forks to them