Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Ultima 58mm Inverted Forks

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 05:39 PM
zrunnerz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got screwed on my 58mm front end order. I will not mention the ebay store (even though I should). I asked if they had a 58 MM Inverted, Standard length and 5 degree front end in stock. They said yes, I said you sure you hvae thta one in stock, they confirmed. I paid while I ahd them on the phone. They told me about 7 days to get it.

5 days pass and they email me telling me it is not in stock and is now on backorder and are refunding me my money. This is really great. I already sold my stock frontend for $510 on ebay and now have no frontend.

I called around and no one seems to have this frontend in stock! What a bunch of jerkoffs!

Old 03-20-2010, 08:29 AM
WVNightrain Rider
Tourer

zrunnerz,
call jireh cycle, rumor has it they are the same company as midwest so they should have it in stock first

Old 03-21-2010, 04:59 PM
zrunnerz
Cruiser

Anyone with the 58mm 5 degree stock length out there? If so can I get a measurement to the top of your neck from the ground?

Thanks

Old 04-08-2010, 08:38 PM
zrunnerz
Cruiser
Default I NEED HELP! - 58mm Inverted Front end ON MY 2009 Dyna

I purchased an Ultima 58mm inverted front end and it looks sick. I am very happy with it, but still working through the install. Has anyone out there installed this front end on a Dyna or new bike?

What do I need for spacers? 1 on top and 1 on the bottom? It seems like 1 on top and 1 on bottom and the fork stop hits the tree, not sure why. Any help with pictures woudl be awesome!

Old 05-29-2011, 11:59 AM
rmcdriver
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WVNightrain Rider
What is the chance you Ultima 58 guys can post some pictures for us that are considering the change over?
Wow, I have the same issues (There seems to be allot of flex when appling the break and it pulls to the right) with my '07 fxdl after I installed this 58mm inverted front end. I am going to change the fork oil and see if it helps. Only have 1000 kms on it, but was told by Mid West in Canada to change the original oil.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:14 PM
cyberizzy
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gigawitz
I have the same front end and also needed to lower it. I have a tech manual in pdf form for this front end, Tried attach it to this post but it was too large. I can email it to you if you like. I can't remember the measurements of the springs but my stock ones from the old front end were too long. The diameter was correct so I took them to my local indy shop and had them find me some springs that were 1.75" shorter. Wish I took notes on the model of spring that fit, I know they were from a 41mm front end. Hope this helps...
Hello, could you send me the manual too please?
izzy@chchurch.info

Old 08-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know the original is ver two years old, did anyone figure out how to lower it? is the internal from a standard 41MM? thanks

Old 08-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior

Is your frame a stock head tube angle, or is it custom? Are the forks standard length straight, +5 /+6 or whatever they are? If yes, you can lower your bike by changing the head tube angle a few degrees--from 35-40 or so degrees there is a 7/16" (roughly) difference at 5 inches, so, at 3 degrees of difference 35 to 38 ( 3 degrees equals 1/4"-or so, in that area). 1/4" x 6 (just under the 31" stock length) equals lowering 1 1/2" roughly (more like 1 5/8"). Using a Swanson Speed Square. If frame is modified you can follow same, just need to do math--follow math on angle finder it changes, considerably, depending on angle.
In general, the inverted front end has three parts, from top to bottom: 1)fork sliders; 2) fork legs; 3)axle/ wheel mounts, sometimes called boots or booties--don't get them cofused w/ fork lowers or lower legs.
& as far as I know the internals are dependent on the size of the fork legs.

If you are confused, come back--because you can also lower bike w/ same math by reducing fork leg lengths. Depends on what is wanted.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member

The head tube angle is OEM, the frontend desgned for FXST 84-99 standard length and have five degree rake in the trees. I wanted to lower it using progressive springs. Iknow the fork legs are 41mm just not sure if its oem 41mm internals.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Chunk
Road Warrior

Flipping through another forum I saw someone mentioned Progressive had a lowering kit available but it wasn't thorough.
Also, I think 06 Nite Train (the OP) finished the lowering process, there is an 06nitetrain had posted on another forum about completing/ or starting anyway. Might want to PM them. I have a inverted front end from a Suzuki & am having the damper rod lengthened as I am going up.
Ultima has a PDF availabe on its site & if evrything looks the same than swapping should be no problem. About as much as I can help right now, good luck.

Quick Reply: Ultima 58mm Inverted Forks