Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Source for Arnott's or Platinum Air systems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 01:17 AM
dubless
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Source for Arnott's or Platinum Air systems?

Hey folks,
Lookin into getting an air ride system for my 04' Softail and trying to decide between the Arnotts or Platinum system.

Arnott's = Bilstein shocks / Firestone bags or Platinum Air = Bleed/Feed technology.

Can someone recommend a good source for either kit and does anyone have feedback regarding each system.

Thanks!

Old 02-23-2008, 07:56 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,408 Likes on 2,588 Posts
Default RE: Source for Arnott's or Platinum Air systems?

I put Arnott Air Ride on my Night Train a month ago and I'm sorry I didn't do it earlier. Install was straight foward. Ride is any where you want to put it, hard or soft. Price was right at under a grand complete. Bought directly from Arnott in PortCanaveral, Fl. Got to deal with the owner who was more than helpful. Google will give you thier website.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been running a Platinum Air on my Train for almost 2 years now. I bought it directly from the company, but Shooter64 sells them.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:17 PM
DRailed
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please post more about the arnott, about to buy sight unseen its either those or hi lo air rider

Old 03-14-2008, 08:13 AM
piekarj
Advanced

Go with the bleed feed from Platinum..shooter64(BArt) will give you a great deal on it...I have it on my 06 softail and its great!!! The system has the most option for ride hieght that i have seen on one. It pumps up really fast too, raise or lower the bike completely in a couple of seconds. They are pretty easy to install also, and if you do run into any problems, Mike Ferris, the owner of Platinum is more than willing to help.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:44 PM
dubless
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I decided on the Platinum system. Sent Shooter an IM two weeks ago but haven't gotten a response yet. Can someone point me to another source to purchase from? Bikes held up just waiting for the kit.

Thanks!

Old 03-16-2008, 07:13 AM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope the softail version of the Platinum Air kit is better than the bagger one. I have the bagger one and I'm looking to get rid of it. Frankly it is much too harsh on anything but the smoothest roads. The dampening rate is so out of whack with the front that I am constantly being pitched forward-hit a dip in the road and I'm launched off the seat. I even changed the front springs and put 15wt oil in the front to try to balance it out. It helped a little bit. It seems I only have about an inch and a half of effective travel no matter the height setting or load.....just my experience.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Apparently, the bagger system and softail system act completely different then. I can set the Platinum on my Train to where it will float over the roughest of roads. I can also drop it to the frame's bumpstop and ride like a hardtail (btw: dont do this in the twisties with the rear Arlen Ness kickstand! ).

Old 03-16-2008, 10:35 AM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: R1Geezrglide

I hope the softail version of the Platinum Air kit is better than the bagger one. I have the bagger one and I'm looking to get rid of it. Frankly it is much too harsh on anything but the smoothest roads. The dampening rate is so out of whack with the front that I am constantly being pitched forward-hit a dip in the road and I'm launched off the seat. I even changed the front springs and put 15wt oil in the front to try to balance it out. It helped a little bit. It seems I only have about an inch and a half of effective travel no matter the height setting or load.....just my experience.
Are you running any lowering kit in addition to the Platinum? I am looking at this set up for my 06 FLHX. Mine is dropped 2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:02 AM
piekarj
Advanced

dubless---go to Cateyecustoms.com call Bart at the phone number on there, he usually gets to the shop at about 6pm eastern time. He will give you the best price!!

Quick Reply: Source for Arnott's or Platinum Air systems?