Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Lyndall Gold vs Lyndall Z Plus

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Merlin
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lyndall Gold vs Lyndall Z Plus

I found this on another post...

They actually have an improved Z Pad out with a slot/groove running through them, mine do not have this update and are smooth.

If there is a channel through the middle, called a gas slot, you have the improved version of the Z-Plus compound.
If you are concerned over the issue several riders who have posted on forums have had in the rain, we recommend that you upgrade to the Gold Plus compound, as it is our superior pad for wet weather riding. Our Z-Plus was originally designed for general street riding, not extreme conditions found in bad weather. Unfortunately, some customers have not inquired directly about which compound best suits their particular riding conditions prior to making their purchase and have been disappointed with the limitations of the Z-Plus compound.
If you would like to upgrade to the Gold Plus, you would simply need to return your Z-Plus pads and we will ship our Gold Plus to you and charge you only the $13 per pair difference plus shipping. If you don't want to be without pads for the two weeks that would take, we can charge the full amount for the Gold Plus to your credit card and ship immediately, then refund the $46 per pair difference once we receive the Z-Plus pads in our office. Alternatively, you can send us your Z-Plus pads for gas slotting.
They will be returned to you at no charge within two weeks.
Let us know how you would like to handle this situation. Also, if you could pass this information along to your fellow forum members we would appreciate it.
Thank you for your understanding.
Sincerely,

Arianna Orner

Old 03-23-2008, 09:41 PM
lymanwhite
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used E&B composite / organic pads on my 06 N Rod with much success. Clean,much improvedstoping, and no squeal.
I want to go with either Lyndall or E&B on the new 08 R Glide. A bigger bike should take advantage of the upgraded composite brake pads. Another feature composite pads have isless brake dust than with stock pads. It's known to be pretty corrosive, and over time does pretty major wheel damage.
My question is that the RG service manual calls out PN 41852-08 as the OEM pad for all Touring models. Lyndall's site lists 2002 - current for the RG and other models as 44082-08.
Has anyone replaced their 08 Touring bike brake pads with Lyndall? If so, I'd like to confirm the PN you used.
The Lyndall site also has a tutorial on why composites stop better. One feature is that some of the coating comes off the pad and is attached to the rotor, which they say improves friction when stopping, and virtually stops rotor wear.
Thanks

Old 03-25-2008, 10:04 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

It is getting so that great customer service is almost enough to prompt me to buy anything