Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

dyna beads

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 06:39 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: dyna beads

gpp:

Got about 1,000 miles on new Michelins and dyna beads. Not sure if it's the new tires, or the beads, but I'm experiencing the smoothest ride ever! Never get an imbalance feeling when in stop and go traffic. Was recently in Pigeon Forge, and had my share of stop and go along with the ride there and back. Also did the Dragon.

At this point I'll never use an external wheel weight again! Couple ounces in each tire, and the install is a 10 minute job.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 01-07-2008, 04:13 PM
dbird
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: WVULTRA

gpp:

Got about 1,000 miles on new Michelins and dyna beads. Not sure if it's the new tires, or the beads, but I'm experiencing the smoothest ride ever! Never get an imbalance feeling when in stop and go traffic. Was recently in Pigeon Forge, and had my share of stop and go along with the ride there and back. Also did the Dragon.

At this point I'll never use an external wheel weight again! Couple ounces in each tire, and the install is a 10 minute job.

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
[/
Thats what I wanted to hear. Going with the same setup this week on 03 Ultra.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:44 PM
ican
Tourer

One more time. The suspension on your bike has a natural frequency. Lets say it is 10 hz. When the induced frequency of the imbalance matches the natural frequency of your suspension you feel a resonance. Thats why the vibration only comes in at a specific speed. All the beads do is disrupt the induced frequency so there is no resonance. The tire is still out of balance. Step one. check and correct any runout condition that exist. Step two, do a "single plane "balance on the tire. If it is a super wide tire ( 8 inches or more ) do a " Dynamic balance ". Don

Old 01-07-2008, 08:54 PM
notarheli
Cruiser

Has anyone ever put the beads in then had the balance checked on a spin balancer?

Old 01-08-2008, 05:18 AM
Stevenacnj
Tourer

I put new wheels & tires on my bike. Did not want exterior balancing weights so installed Dyna Beads. Here is a small installation tip - put the valve stem at a 4 or 8 o'clock position during installation. Tiny beads are less likely to jam up in the stem this way.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:36 PM
ican
Tourer

There are slow speed balancers and high speed balancers. spin balancers consist of a sensor to measure force, an encoder to identify location, and a computer to calculate required weight amount and location to offset the imbalance. If the device used to measure the force is unable to measure small amounts, then the balancer design will require a faster speed to amplify the force to a point where it can be measured. The problem with this is it then becomes more difficult to identify the location of the imbalance. If the device used to measure the force is advanced enough to identify even small amounts of imbalance, then a slower speed can be used, making it easier to identify the exact location of the imbalance. A properly designed slow spin balancer will be superior to one that needs high speed to reconize small amounts of imbalance. Now to answer your question. Yes, the tire and wheel assembly is still out of balance. See my previous post. I have access to some very accurate equipment to measure and diagnose the condition of rims, tires and the complete assembly. Trust me, if beads were worth having in my tires, I would use them. I don't. Don