Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Idiots, this takes the cake...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 02:08 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Idiots, this takes the cake...

After what I though was agood deal on a pair of Progressive 412's shocks for my 06 StreetBob, turns into a nightmare. After I got them, I put them on. It was immediately clearthey were not the correct ones. Bottomed out just with me sitting on it. I got to the Progressive site and they call for a 412-4037B. The ones I bought, advertised for a StreetBob were actually for a Sporty 412-4005B. So I e-mail the company toi see about a refund, and they try to give me the "...well there is a return fee, re-stocking fee, blah, blah." I say, but you sold me under the pretense of it fitting my particullar bike. He says, " but betweeen you and me, they're the same, just look in the Drag Specialties catalog". Somebody, please tell me this schmuck is lyin'!! I don't see how they can be the same. I don't think this idiot can understand spring rates or gravity. But the real pisser is, they've still got the same shocks listed 412-4005, for all bikes. Dressers to Sportys. I tried filing a complaint with eBay, but it's too soon. I have to wait till tomorrow. The name of theis "crackerjack outfit" is American Classic Motors on eBay. I've bought from them before and it went OK, but now I'm not so sure.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:15 PM
OneBlackFly
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Idiots, this takes the cake...

Is there a place on this forum to collect good or bad eBay experiences? If not, then maybe we need one.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:20 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member

I'll tell, if this doesn't get resolved correctly, i.e. a full refund. This joint should make the top of said list.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:33 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

The 4005's are 11" shocks with standard springs for a Sportster. I see no reference to these fitting anything else.

If this schmuck doesn't come around and realize he sold you the wrong part, post your original message to as many HD forums as you can find. Then send him links to them all, along with a note that you'll be contacting Progressive.

Do contact Progressive and relate the story. I don't know if they can help since it is a dealer error, but if you can reference the Ebay auction that claims the 4005's will fit all HD's, send it to them and suggest they do something about it. It isn't in the interest of Progressive to keep dealers who cheat their customers. I had a similar problem with Works Performance, did what I suggested above, and I received a full refund. They originally wanted a $100 restocking fee. Works also received a bloody nose because I broadcast my unsavory experience to numerous HD forums like I suggest you do. Email me if you need a list. This pisses me off, so I'm willing to help. Without a mitigating response from ACM, I also will avoid buying from them again, and like you I've purchased from them before without issues. All it takes is one.

If the alleged miscreant wishes to respond in his own behalf, I hope he will do so. I'd like to hear how he defends his actions under the circumstances. Could you give a link to the Ebay auction that alleges the 4005's will fit all HD models?

Old 09-01-2007, 11:45 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

I think you should post the auction. Then we can all go there and ask why he is making a statement like that.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:08 AM
PosseRider
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

American Classic Motors already has a widely growing reputation as shady, rude, & generally of no help , on several HD forums. Don't hold your breath in hopes of a refund or anything else from them !!!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:15 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: PosseRider

American Classic Motors already has a widely growing reputation as shady, rude, & generally of no help , on several HD forums. Don't hold your breath in hopes of a refund or anything else from them !!!
In that case, I think the OP should approach Progressive and Ebay. Progressive might make a swap for the correct part, and Ebay may take action against the offending seller.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:16 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm stilll pissed, but he holiday weekend has businesses closed. But believe me, I'm on the phone tomorrow, first thing! Here's a link, I hope to my auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...:IT&ih=004
. Just look at other items for sale by American Classic Motors, that will show you all the Progressives are the same part #, never mind what bike they sayare for. Still waiting for the "10 Day after transaction" limit to expire to contact eBay. And they've sold at least two other pairs according to the ad. At first they offered 10 available, now it says 7.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:04 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: iclick

The 4005's are 11" shocks with standard springs for a Sportster. I see no reference to these fitting anything else.

If this schmuck doesn't come around and realize he sold you the wrong part, post your original message to as many HD forums as you can find. Then send him links to them all, along with a note that you'll be contacting Progressive.

Do contact Progressive and relate the story. I don't know if they can help since it is a dealer error, but if you can reference the Ebay auction that claims the 4005's will fit all HD's, send it to them and suggest they do something about it. It isn't in the interest of Progressive to keep dealers who cheat their customers. I had a similar problem with Works Performance, did what I suggested above, and I received a full refund. They originally wanted a $100 restocking fee. Works also received a bloody nose because I broadcast my unsavory experience to numerous HD forums like I suggest you do. Email me if you need a list. This pisses me off, so I'm willing to help. Without a mitigating response from ACM, I also will avoid buying from them again, and like you I've purchased from them before without issues. All it takes is one.

If the alleged miscreant wishes to respond in his own behalf, I hope he will do so. I'd like to hear how he defends his actions under the circumstances. Could you give a link to the Ebay auction that alleges the 4005's will fit all HD models?

I like your way of thinking, Sir.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:21 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

OH HELL!

I'm running to the garage NOW to see what shocks I have. I bought a set from these guys last week too!

Quick Reply: Idiots, this takes the cake...