Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Idiots, this takes the cake...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 05:58 AM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Idiots, this takes the cake...

I doesn't appear that you are the only one having problems with them recently - https://www.hdforums.com/fb.asp?m=2143697

Old 09-04-2007, 07:46 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RDM

I doesn't appear that you are the only one having problems with them recently - https://www.hdforums.com/fb.asp?m=2143697

Yep, I saw that thread, too. They'd better get their 'poop in a group' or they'll have a bunch of lost cyber sales, cause I'll tell everybody I know, what kind of an outfit they run there.[:@]

Old 09-04-2007, 09:43 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

OK Guys...
I just received my shocks last week from this same company. I haven't removed them from the box as of yet, then I run across this thread. After reading this thread I took off to the garage to check mine out. In the Ebay ad it stated "Street Glide Lowering Kit" so I checked mine out, didn't say anything regarding this.

Now comes today. I sent American Classic Motors an email earlier today. I informed them of my situation...and this message board. I let them know that several members of this forum were unhappy with them over these shock purchases and that their company was getting lots of negative comments over their "20% restocking fee". They sent me a reply stating that I could send my shocks back and receive a full refund. I informed them of the unhappy members of this forum but they didn't comment on that. They did ask that I leave a post regarding my email, and this is it.I venture to say that those of you that have experienced this problem, if you'd send them a polite email, I have a feeling they'll help you. They do NOT want the bad publicity of this forum.

No,I do not work for them. I'm not invested in their company. I'm not the owners relative. I'm simply stating their willingness to help. I'm attaching a copy of the email I sent them below.

Email them. I think they'll help you. My email to them is below...

This email is regarding the purchase of my Progressive shocks & fork springs. The shocks have not been mounted but I already know they won't fit. Have you ever heard of "hdforums.com"? This is a site where HD owners discuss things via a message board. Your company is receiving a lot of bad publicity regarding your selling of these shocks when they won't fit..then when customers request a refund you give them the old 20% restocking fee routine. Your Ebay ad specifically states "Street Glide" then a part number. These shocks will not work on my bike. I have been a longtime customer and would like to be issued a FULL refund once I mail these back. Please respond with details on how to return both items and the refund amount you'll issue. The bad publicity on that forum isn't good for you or your customers. You may want to look into this and earn your customers respect back by contacting them.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:49 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the info, please let me/us know when you get the full refund. I hoping the best for you, me and everybody else taken in by this scammer. Now, I'll share a couple of my e-mails with American Classic Motors, this one's a beauty. Never mentions shipping fees:

I will waive the restock so long as they are in original condition. As far as spring rates are concerned. Between me & you, its a bunch of bs. Take a look at the drag specialties catalog. The exact same part # fits sportster, dyna, touring fxr etc

- americanclassicmotors

Or this classic in reply to my e-mail(at the bottom, under "Original Message" )seems that the "Big Book", Drag Specialties, is the Holy Grail of bike parts. They know even more than the tech. at Progressive( who was kind enough to e-mail me the fitment chart for the 412-4005's and it shows nothing other than XL's):

I agree that they make different spring rates. The question that I would ask that guy is why they only make one for all bikes for the shocks they make for Drag Specialties...[/align][/align][/align][blockquote]-------------- Original message --------------

[/align]Howdy, [/align] I don't have a Drag Specialties catalog handy, but I do have J&P Catalog, the Progressive website, not to mention the Tech Rep from Progressive (and I trust them a little more)saying they're a totally different part#. The difference in weightof the bikes between a Sporty and a touring bike is a lot, the springrates that isthe amount of weight the spring has to hold up,would have to be different. [/align]Thank You,[/align]Kent[/align][/align][/blockquote]

[/align]

Old 09-12-2007, 10:07 AM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member

Update. Well the idiots's gave me a refund, minus the return shipping[:@]. I'm still going round with them about it, though. I guess that's all for me. So it's off to trash them in cyber-space.
If you're looking for a good deal on anything, Never, Never buy anything from American Classic Motors on eBay!!!

Old 09-12-2007, 09:56 PM
docsg
Tourer

I looked upthe Progessive model recommendation on their web site and ordered from Eastern Performance Cycle--best price of all and free shipping. Product arrived "new in the box" and had the correct part number for installation on the FXDL.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:08 PM
StrGlide
Tourer

ORIGINAL: hk_shooter

" but betweeen you and me, they're the same, just look in the Drag Specialties catalog".
FYI....
I checked the Drag Specialties catalog and they ARE NOT the same. Completely different part numbers.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:17 PM
hk_shooter
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: StrGlide

ORIGINAL: hk_shooter

" but betweeen you and me, they're the same, just look in the Drag Specialties catalog".
FYI....
I checked the Drag Specialties catalog and they ARE NOT the same. Completely different part numbers.

Cool, Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Unless they special anti-gravity shocks, the spring rates, ie part numbers have to be different for Sportys, Dynas Softtails, and 'glides.