Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

FXSTB FRONT WHEEL OFFSET

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:23 PM
AZFXSTB
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FXSTB FRONT WHEEL OFFSET

I posted this on another board and got no response so maybe someone will know here

07 Fxstb Front Wheel Offset??? [/align] [hr] Ok guys and gals I need some real world info here. I got a new 21" front blade wheel to replace a lace bent rim (dealer let me use the cost of a lace wheel towards the blade). Here is the question they installed it and now if i look at the front caliper on the Right side (From front) the two pistons are out more than the left and the wheel seems off. The dealer says this is "normal" but my brain says it isn't right. I also now feel a slight wobble when i decel with hands off the bars at about 40mph but I can tell its not in the neck it feels more like the front rotor is warped or something just a bit. They did use the "wheel installation kit" when installing but does anyone have any first hand with this so I can either believe or dispute what the sealer is telling me the service manual doesn't really get into offset so I am at a loss here. I had to show this same dealer the page for aligning the rear wheel in the book (you know measuring from the swing arm bolt center to center of rear axle and make equal on both sides) because they were telling me all you do is turn the screws the same amount and that is how you align a bike....

TIA[/align] __________________
07 FXSTB [/align]

Old 05-23-2007, 02:56 PM
JohnVonSchutz
6th Gear
Default RE: FXSTB FRONT WHEEL OFFSET

I perhaps can help you if i understand your question. Do you want 2 know if there is a offset or do you want to know how you change your offset

Old 05-23-2007, 05:46 PM
AZFXSTB
1st Gear

I would like to know if it is "normal" for the disk to no longer be center in the caliper after this install. Im sorry I thought I made that clear

Old 05-24-2007, 04:12 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 122 Likes on 52 Posts

If you need to move the disc furthur Out (away from the wheel)
you might try one of the following.

Custom Chrome Steel Rear Wheel Pulley & Sprocket Spacer Part # 19722 ($12.99) (approx. .200 “ dia.)

Custom Chrome Disc Rotor Spacer Part # 25635 ($6.99) (approx. .040 “ dia.) (You could use 2 or 3 of these to get as close as you need)

https://www.hdforums.com/m.asp?m=907...age=20&key=

Old 05-20-2012, 01:17 PM
wrench man
Stage I
Default front wheel offset

I have an 09 with the same wobble an have spent two days took the stock wheel and found its spot don’t believe the digram for the wheel the axel shaft has spots the bearings are suppose to ride on your bike is different with the right side so i don’t think the spacing that i used will help you don’t believe the wheel digram though put the original wheel on to find the spots for the bearings