Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Race Teck Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Classic King
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Teck Suspension

I have an 2005 Road King Classic that I am looking to lower.I want tolower it as much as possible with out destroying the ride. I am looking at the race teck front fork kit with the gold emulaters and their rear shocks. Can some of you suspension guru's help me out with this project so I dont make a big mistake. Could you guys give me some input about race teck. I just see so much info on progrresive and works that I am up in the air on which product's would work the best on my bike? Any help would be great. Thanks Classic King.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:12 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Race Teck Suspension

I have an '05 RK Classic. I did not lower mine when I did the Gold Valves and springs, so I can't help you there. I do recall RT has a lowering kit if that's what you want.
I can only speak from my own experience. I initially had a set of Progressive 440s on my bike. (stock 13" length...Standard springs, I weigh around 200 lbs) To say I didn't like them is an understatement. I bought a pair of 13" Works Performance Steel Trackers to replace them.
IMO, the Works shocks are far superior. I bought them used from a member on this forum so I do not know the spring rates on them.
I suspect they are for someone a little heavier than myself since are a tad firm IMO. On the highway at speed they are perfect.

CN