Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Email notifications & question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007 | 09:46 AM
turbo38sfi
|
Road Master
Default Email notifications & question

I've noticed that I am not receiving notifications for threads I've created or posted on. Is the notification function not working any more?

The question I have is finding the threads I've posted on easily. Ever other forum I am a member of it is a lot easier to find your threads you've created or posted on. Usually you just go to the CP and click on subscribed threads and they are all listed there from most recent to oldest.

I find it super difficult to do that on this sight. Am I missing something?

Old 03-26-2007 | 12:02 AM
turbo38sfi
|
Road Master
Default RE: Email notifications & question

Any mods read this forum at all?

Old 03-26-2007 | 12:06 AM
Wolhar
Banned

Not as a general rule, we never have issues here until trolls come along, PM terry1955 or Grover

Old 03-26-2007 | 12:08 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

First,

Yes, there are many mods on this forum that read all the threads. As a matter of fact, as Admin of this sight I have a subscription to the "Forums Issues" section so that I don't miss these questions. The problem is that I'm not on 24/7 and some how I missed your thread. There are many threads already on the forum addressing the email problem. We have a glitch and many members are not receiving email notification. Are you sure you have "subscribed" to the threads you are talking about. You do not automatically get email notifications unless you subscribe to them. If you subscribe to all the threads you post in you will be getting more emails than you can possibly read.

Old 03-26-2007 | 12:09 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member

Sorry....yes I check it but I've been out all weekendriding.

If you subscribe to a thread then you can find it easily but clicking on the "Your profile" tab at the top. Then click on subscribed threads.

Old 03-26-2007 | 12:12 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Or you can click on "My Forums" at the top of the page and then click on "My Subscriptions."
ORIGINAL: HeatherC

If you subscribe to a thread then you can find it easily but clicking on the "Your profile" tab at the top. Then click on subscribed threads.

Old 03-26-2007 | 12:14 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member

Learn something new every day. I can honestly say in 2 years I have never clicked on that tab. Thanks Terry!

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

Or you can click on "My Forums" at the top of the page and then click on "My Subscriptions."
ORIGINAL: HeatherC

Old 03-27-2007 | 05:50 PM
turbo38sfi
|
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

First,

Yes, there are many mods on this forum that read all the threads. As a matter of fact, as Admin of this sight I have a subscription to the "Forums Issues" section so that I don't miss these questions. The problem is that I'm not on 24/7 and some how I missed your thread. There are many threads already on the forum addressing the email problem. We have a glitch and many members are not receiving email notification. Are you sure you have "subscribed" to the threads you are talking about. You do not automatically get email notifications unless you subscribe to them. If you subscribe to all the threads you post in you will be getting more emails than you can possibly read.
Hi Terry,

Yes, I do subscribe to all threads I post in. It's also in my profile prefs to send email notifications on response. I also check the box to Notify via email before I hit the OK button and submit any responses. It used to work and stopped. Probably going on 2 weeks or so now.