Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Server Error or Browser

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 10:44 AM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Server Error or Browser

For some reason I'm getting an error constantly. Had updated to the latest Firefox browser two weeks ago and all has been fine until yesterday. Now I keeping the message all the time. Wait an hour and try again and sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Like now I rebooted to get to post this. Why would I not have a problem for two weeks if it was truly a browser problem? I had been assuming it was a site problem since the error would go away if I waited. Now I'm not sure where the problem is. If it is browser, what do I do to correct it? Maybe some parameter I should change?
I do control colors but like I said, it's been working all along and just recently started to give problems.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:09 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I had that a short time back. Cleared my cookies and all is well with the world.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:14 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior

I guess rebooting did that but what is strange is doing nothing for a while it would clear up and work. For a while. Then the message would pop again. I thought if it was a cookie problem it wouldn't just magically clear up and work. That's why I was confused and thinking it was a site problem. They should call them something other than cookies. These things on the net are not good!

Old 10-14-2013, 02:09 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

I have found that clearing cookies does not clear all cookies. It seems that some will not clear if less than 24 hours old, others not clear if it is a frequent site visited. so the problem one remains. I use ccleaner to clear all and then should it continue, uninstall program (firefox in your case) then use ccleaner to clean registry, reboot and re install program. This solves issues most of the time.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:28 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior

I really think there is something else going on here. I went so far as to go back to the old backup version of Firefox. Just to rule the newer version out as a problem. Within 10 minutes I got the error again. Cleared stupid cookies which is really like restarting browser and signed in yet again and all's well. For now. It always points to that same server. That seems to be the only thing common now. But if it's not a problem it's not a problem.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm using the newest Firefox to type this. No problems. Firefox is my backup browser though. Chrome is my preferred browser. I've got a few Chrome windows open right now for everything else I do, but HDForums isn't working on Chrome. Same Apache Server Port 80 message. So I have Firefox open also just for HDForums. I've closed and re-booted but nothing has changed. Guess I'll get rid of Cookies too but most cookies are preemptively blocked to begin with though.

If my browswer was really the issue wouldn't it effect more than just HDForums? Also, would the same message be sent to my Chrome browser as someone else's Firefox if it had nothing to do with HDForums? 'Course not many people are complaining so it really does seem like an extreme few that are experiencing issues.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Yes, erasing cookies did fix it. As much as I lock down my cookies I'm surprised, but glad.