Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Why

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012 | 09:20 PM
dstonemega
|
Tourer
Default Why

is this message board the slowest website that I visit? I have downloaded chrome and adblocker plus but this pos site still runs like ****.

Old 04-15-2012 | 11:29 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dstonemega
is this message board the slowest website that I visit? I have downloaded chrome and adblocker plus but this pos site still runs like ****.
It's probably due to the LARGE number or adds that have to load every time you click on a new page. My Home computer is a rocket ship and blows threw most high end games on max settings.

No matter what I do HD Forums takes 4 to 10 seconds to fully load a new page. Adblocker will block ads that pop-up or try to load but since the the ads here are part of the HTML of the page there no way to turn them off.

My work computer is junk with a **** poor internet connection and takes up to 60 seconds to load a page if it loads at all. I’ve pretty much givin up trying to open HDforums from work.

I considered becoming a premium member but it does not limit the ad loading so speed wise it doesn't change anything. I'm a premium member on several sites which the main feature is it kills the ads for premium members and loads in a blink of the eye.

Old 04-15-2012 | 12:02 PM
usturbine
Cruiser

I would think it may internet providers, computer settings or lots of cookies in temp folders may be a issue. I have 4 computers 2 with windows 7 and 2 with XP that I view numerous forums including this one. I have roadrunner at home a Verizon MIFI hotspot and travel and connect on lots of different motel servers. The only time I may have a problem with internet sites is with a motel server and then I just use the MIFI Hotspot receiver if there is a Verizon signal. All sites load before I can count to 2 usually.

When things start to slow down I run Super AntiSpyware and Malwarebytes Anti Malware free versions and empty my Temp folders and things go back to normal. Ive never had an issue loading internet sites beyond a few seconds which I consider OK for me.

Last edited by usturbine; 04-15-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-21-2012 | 05:27 AM
Rat1
Road Master

Now I have been using Chrome and adblocker for awhile now it it works tons better then IE. I still use IE for everything else.

Funny but now I get this. Kinda tells you that something is up with the vendor/sponsor adds.

Attached Thumbnails Why-blocked.jpg