Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Painful site !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012 | 06:35 PM
JHC210
|
Club Member
Default Painful site !!!!

I must sya this site is soooooooo slow at times. WHY?? This is the only web site that really needs help!!

Old 02-13-2012 | 06:39 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JHC210
I must sya this site is soooooooo slow at times. WHY?? This is the only web site that really needs help!!
On my Macbook Pro, Google Chrome is fast. I just switched to Dolphin HD on my Android. It is a lot faster.

Old 02-13-2012 | 06:44 PM
stetler
Banned

JHC, I agree. When I first came to this site it was SO SLOW. I never really visited this site because it was so slow. All my other Forums are WAY faster on the same home PC.
It seems though that it has sped up a lot. It's not near as slow as it use to be.

Old 02-13-2012 | 06:46 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Maybe it's because everybody comes here....

Old 02-13-2012 | 07:19 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by JHC210
Originally Posted by stetler
JHC, I agree. When I first came to this site it was SO SLOW. I never really visited this site because it was so slow. All my other Forums are WAY faster on the same home PC.
It seems though that it has sped up a lot. It's not near as slow as it use to be.
Ever wonder why thousands don't have a problem?
I blaze through here, not a problem. Give your browser
and PC a stage2 and pipes.

Old 02-13-2012 | 07:46 PM
BAGGERONABUDGET
Tourer

Some days its ok and some days it is extremely slow. Only forum I know that is this slow. I have a new comp and good software so Its not my computer.

Other forums,Sites I go to are SUPER fast

Old 02-14-2012 | 04:21 PM
oct1949
Club Member

I've written in here several time about this issue.

I've when through my whole system cleaning up everything, trying to make it run at normal speed. Even reloaded My Google Chrome, then I even tried using FireFox, Same issue it just runs really slow..

Yes their are times when it slow every where and other times just fine..

BUT it seems almost every time I go the the GO Advanced screen it slow down about 75%.

I can type but not that fast, still every time I go the the Advanced screen to add anything I type then wait till it catches up with me.. REALLY SLOW in this area.????

I know throughout the Yrs we've have different problems, but we usually got an answer what was going on.

On this issue I haven't seen anything written or any kind of reason of what going on...

Last edited by oct1949; 02-14-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-14-2012 | 05:33 PM
Zap
Club Member

Originally Posted by oct1949
I've written in here several time about this issue.

I've when through my whole system cleaning up everything, trying to make it run at normal speed. Even reloaded My Google Chrome, then I even tried using FireFox, Same issue it just runs really slow..

Yes their are times when it slow every where and other times just fine..

BUT it seems almost every time I go the the GO Advanced screen it slow down about 75%.

I can type but not that fast, still every time I go the the Advanced screen to add anything I type then wait till it catches up with me.. REALLY SLOW in this area.????

I know throughout the Yrs we've have different problems, but we usually got an answer what was going on.

On this issue I haven't seen anything written or any kind of reason of what going on...
There's a lot of good information on here for improving your
browsing experience. If you don't make an effort yourself, it'll
be as it is. I personally fly through here, insert all kinds of pic's
for posting help, and never was it not able to keep up with my
typing, and I'm fairly quick, for a non office type. Don't you wonder
why at 195,000 members, only a few complain, now I'm not saying
you don't have a problem, but you can do things you may not be
aware of to improve things, I did.

Old 02-14-2012 | 08:06 PM
StreetGeezer
Tourer

If you're using Chrome or Firefox you have to use Adblock to kill the ads. Them loading is what slows the whole thing down. I still get the sponsor links but they are all text and the pages load and reload quickly. I never use Internet Explorer on here for that reason, no Adblock.

Old 02-15-2012 | 06:09 PM
Glen1978
Road Captain

Well I just downloaded adblock.....I think. Not real puter savvy when it comes to all these downloads.

I downloaded chrome other day and it was fast for a couple days now it SUCKS again. If Im in a high traffic thread and I wanna refresh it it wont. I have to close chrome out and re-open HD forums and go find it again. I get on some big forums (bigger than this) and there fast.

Last edited by Glen1978; 02-15-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Painful site !!!!