Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Need help uploading pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 06:49 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts
Default Need help uploading pictures

I am trying to upload some pictures and I get upload error. I go to the manage attachments, click on that select the picture and hit the upload button, after a time I get a message that says upload error. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I have windows 7 by the way.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:05 AM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Though you are not new, perhaps there is valuable info in here:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-m...nding-pms.html

Old 11-12-2011, 07:08 AM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

You need to store your pics in a photobucket type storage place. Load them into that, resize if you wish & copy URL & paste. Hit preview. If you get a link, change [url] to [IMG].

Old 11-12-2011, 07:11 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Not the problem

Old 11-12-2011, 07:11 AM
hagger
Banned

Originally Posted by santajim
Not the problem
You can't come directly from 'My Pictures'.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:39 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

hagger thanks you made me realize what I had to do,getting old sucks I had a brain fart.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:56 AM
hagger
Banned

Originally Posted by santajim
hagger thanks you made me realize what I had to do,getting old sucks I had a brain fart.
My absolute pleasure brother.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:28 AM
wkipke
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I upload pictures from photobucket. I set up an album but cant figure out how to transfer to my gallery here.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Morris9982
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wkipke
How do I upload pictures from photobucket. I set up an album but cant figure out how to transfer to my gallery here.
If you're asking how to post pictures in a thread from Photobucket, see the instructions I posted below. If you want to load images into your gallery here, you'll probably have to upload them again from your computer to this site. I don't know a way to transfer them from Photobucket to here.

I would suggest opening your Photobucket account in a second window while keeping your HDForums post window open. If you're viewing your photos in the format that shows a bunch of small photos, place your mouse cursor over the picture you want to post and a menu will appear under the photo that has a list reading Direct Link as a choice. Click on the box with the HTTP something and it will automatically be copied.

Come back to your post window and click on the icon above the text window that looks like a stamped envelope with a mountain and a spot in the upper right corner. If you put your cursor over it, it will read Insert Image. After you click on this icon, a window will appear. Use your mouse to paste the link to your picture or hit the keys ctrl+V to paste the link.

The image will appear in your text box. Click on preview post if you like to see what the post will look like.

I like this way of posting images because it puts a larger picture for others to see without making them click on a thumbnail image to see it. Also, consider hitting enter to put a line between images so that multiple images will show going down the screen instead of across. This makes it a lot easier for others to see the images.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
wkipke
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Morris9982,
Thanks for reply. I am actually trying to upload into gallery. I get an error
trying to transfer from "my pictures". A previous post from hagger says that you have to set up a photobucket type account to upload pictures.

Quick Reply: Need help uploading pictures