Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Forum Privileges

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011 | 11:25 AM
mdp
|
Tourer
Default Forum Privileges

Please up my forum privileges. I know this is only my 3rd post and I have been here for +1 week. I really just want to read and learn. I can not see a lot of the attached photos. I promise you I am not a spammer.

Thanks,
mdp

Old 10-01-2011 | 11:41 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

mdp, not that it will help cause rules are rules but, posts like this one get looked at regularly by the powers that be in the test area threads. That where all the issues are posted. What exactly are you needing? When I signed up I'm pretty sure I was able to see quit a bit from the start?

Old 10-01-2011 | 12:16 PM
HRK123
Cruiser

Just post more, I think you only need 5 posts to see the images.

Old 10-01-2011 | 12:52 PM
JackDupp
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mdp
Please up my forum privileges. I know this is only my 3rd post and I have been here for +1 week. I really just want to read and learn. I can not see a lot of the attached photos. I promise you I am not a spammer.

Thanks,
mdp
mdp;
You have the days required, and 4 posts, so just add a post such
as answering this and you'll be all set.

Old 10-01-2011 | 01:06 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by mdp

Thanks,
mdp
Other posters are right; check out this post by Administrator Patrick (comes from this thread: PROBLEMS VIEWING PICTURES OR PMs?)

Originally Posted by Patrick
Hello,
As some of you surely know, weve been getting spammers who join and never post but send out a ton of spam through the PM system and for a change, it isnt another forum.

We have made some usergroup alterations so that new members cannot get to the areas where these spammers are causing problems..mainly uploaded files (pictures) and the PM system.

NEW MEMBERS WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO PICTURES OR PMs UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN AN ACTIVE MEMBER FOR FIVE DAYS AND FIVE POSTS.

Ive been going through the complaints today in this section about not being able to access PMs or pictures and I see that almost every person with a problem has made less than 5 posts, or theyve been here for less than five days. This is why a great many of the people having the problem later post "nevermind..it works now".

If you are having these problems and you have less than five posts and less than five days on the forum...nothing is wrong. If youve been inactive for a long time, welcome back...post around the forum a little and when the system upgrades usergroups (usually later in the evening) you should be promoted.

If any of you have been here for more than five days and more than five posts (dont assume..make sure), please post in this section with a link to the thread with the pictures that you cannot see.

Thank you for your time and patience while we deal with the spam issues.

You'll find additional info on the Forum by clicking FAQ in the blue bar on top of every page

or use this link:

Board FAQ