Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Enough with the advertisements ###Issue solved 2011-10-08###

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011 | 07:37 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by John TN
Maybe IE microsoft can solve it for you, ask them, we have no answer to why their browser is slower here, it has been looked at extensively by our IT dept, if it was just on our end why does FF run so fast here, you'd think all browsers would be slow, not just IE???
The problem is with this site not Microsoft. Your IT dept. has no clue how to fix it just like you said. If the problem was with IE why do all other sites run fine?

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 11-01-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-01-2011 | 09:00 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member

The problem is not with our site, if so FF would not run lightening fast over IE... explain that one since y'all seem to know what we do and don't do here, as I've said we are not other sites, and we do have several folks running IE here as you've read above that have no problem so explain that one should they not be having a problem too, seems the problem is on your end, last time I'll state this.

Bottom line Rat1 and Pig we have the fix to surf here very fast if IE is slow for you, if you want to keep bringing up other sites and political positions (so stupid) so be it, it will not help you here... go to them if you're not happy here, we have thousands of folks here everyday that seem to have no problems expect for a couple that seem to want to keep going on and on and on like a broken record about why IE is so slow, when time and time again we have stated a fix for you, there is a sticky about it.

Bottom line If you don't like it here you are welcome to leave, don't come back and keep complaining about it because you don't want to take a couple of minutes to download free FF and put up adblock it's more than stubborn it's downright stupid the way I see it. The solution has been given there is nothing else I can say, I'm not wasting my breath anymore with you two.

Old 11-01-2011 | 10:53 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by John TN
Rat1 there is an issue with using IE as a browser here at HDF, we know this, re-read my post, the problem is we can't find anyway to fix it, we don't have a clue how to fix this site to run faster with microsofts IE browser or why IE is slow here
You said it yourself, there is an issue with IE and this site and they don't know how to fix it, that's all I'm saying. IE works great on other sites for me.
Relax, I never said I didn't like this site or wanted to leave. I also don't constantly post about this problem. I have even helped fix a picture problem they were having with IE that's how I got the little HD forum riders icon by trying to help them fix problems. The guy that fixed it was really nice and didn't complain when people posted about the problem, he actually tried to help.
If you want to try and run people off because they are posting about forum problems in the forum problems section I guess that's your perogative but I think it's stupid myself.

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 11-01-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-01-2011 | 05:22 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Not trying to run anyone off, but here is what is stupid.... if you are slow here with IE and you don't want to try or refuse to try our fix that will allow you to surf here as fast as your own home computer is capable of which is using FireFox and adblock ( if it's running at peak efficiency), then if you keep repeatedly complaining it's our fault, then maybe our site is not for you if it's too slow, again there is no issue with our server and IE, some folks are running IE and it's fast for them if you have read all the threads here, some run IE and it's slow as heck, so if we are the problem all computers with IE would run slow here. We appreciate everyones help, we try to help in anyway possible and still get bashed saying we haven't solved the problem...... again we don't know why IE is slow for some here, we have the fix, use it or quit complaining about it being slow for you.

Old 11-01-2011 | 05:51 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

So there is no problem with the server and IE even though you said before it is a problem so you should download another browser to bypass the problem with IE that is not a problem.
Got it... I think

Not trying to start any fight but you are putting out a very mixed message.

Last edited by PigInaBlanket; 11-01-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2011 | 05:56 PM
Clutch70
Road Master

I run Firefox with ad blocker no problem, super fast.

Old 11-01-2011 | 09:56 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
So there is no problem with the server and IE even though you said before it is a problem so you should download another browser to bypass the problem with IE that is not a problem.
Got it... I think

Not trying to start any fight but you are putting out a very mixed message.

Old 11-01-2011 | 09:59 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member

It's really that simple!! Thanks for listening!!

Originally Posted by Clutch70
I run Firefox with ad blocker no problem, super fast.