Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Enough with the advertisements ###Issue solved 2011-10-08###

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011 | 08:19 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Get firefox and add the adblocker plus add on. Advertisements will be a thing of the past. Attention...this is not an advertisement. LOL

This is your solution.
I am running Firefox 6.0.2 on my Mac... I'm sure the Windows version functions similarly.
Just get a couple of free add-ons: Adblock Plus and Addblock Plus Pop-up. Set the preferences to use the included EasyList and you'll never see any of those annoying advertisements.

Old 09-29-2011 | 08:20 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Get firefox and add the adblocker plus add on. Advertisements will be a thing of the past. Attention...this is not an advertisement. LOL

Old 09-29-2011 | 08:26 AM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member

I have the problem also and mine does not pop up the ads. I think its the server for this site but I dont know much about computers... A friend of mine was complaining to me about it yesterday. I clean the disk on my computer and erase cookies every couple of days to keep it running optimally but I have noticed its been quite a bit slower the last few weeks or so. smokindave, we all know your eyelashes are something you put a lot of thought and care into!

Old 09-29-2011 | 08:34 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

I agree it is the slowest site to load of any web sites I use.
Lots of times I have to reload a page for it to work. I do just leave the site a lot because it locks up trying to load.

Not counting the “New Vendors” list I counted 15 advertisements on this one page alone.
I’m not paying for this site either.
I know I can filter out some things with my computer, but this is the only web site I have trouble with speed on.

As far as the “Eye Lash” advertisement (it’s not on mine), some of the ads are based on what your surfing the web. Out of curiosity I checked out the Victory site earlier this summer and I immediately had Victory ads on here. So I have to ask, have you been checking out eye lash sites? lol

Old 09-29-2011 | 08:37 AM
bigwavdav
Cruiser

Just downloaded Adblock + Wish I would of known about it while I was using the shitty internet overseas. It would of saved me alot of headaches...kinda

Old 09-29-2011 | 08:38 AM
vtwinbob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by pargenz

This is your solution.
I am running Firefox 6.0.2 on my Mac... I'm sure the Windows version functions similarly.
Just get a couple of free add-ons: Adblock Plus and Addblock Plus Pop-up. Set the preferences to use the included EasyList and you'll never see any of those annoying advertisements.

have you ever went up and opened the open blockable items and seen all the blocked items it does do, it works great!!!

Old 09-29-2011 | 08:38 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Old 09-29-2011 | 08:44 AM
smokindave
|
Road Warrior

"So I have to ask, have you been checking out eye lash sites? lol".......The only hair I look at is further down the body (on females that is).

Old 09-29-2011 | 08:51 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by smokindave
"So I have to ask, have you been checking out eye lash sites? lol".......The only hair I look at is further down the body (on females that is).
They must be connected somehow. hehehehe

Anybody else in your house use your computer?
It really doesn't matter, it's just an observation I've had.

Old 09-29-2011 | 09:14 AM
bnorton00
Intermediate

Hey guys, thanks for the Adblocker tip. I would have never imagined there was something like that out there. The internet might be tolerable once again.

Quick Reply: Enough with the advertisements ###Issue solved 2011-10-08###