Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Why can't I view pics? ###Issue solved 2011-09-16###

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011 | 04:15 AM
SecretSquirell
|
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Why can't I view pics? ###Issue solved 2011-09-16###

While browsing around in some of the threads, some pics don't load and instead has a link for the pic. When I click on it, it says I do not have privileges to view it and that I either need to be a member (which I am) or have my account activated (which it must be, unless I am missing something). Maybe one of the mods can help me out here.

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 09-20-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: ###Issue soved 2011-09-16###
Old 08-30-2011 | 08:20 AM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SecretSquirell
While browsing around in some of the threads, some pics don't load and instead has a link for the pic. When I click on it, it says I do not have privileges to view it and that I either need to be a member (which I am) or have my account activated (which it must be, unless I am missing something). Maybe one of the mods can help me out here.
What your probably missing is the rule of five posts and five days to be able to view
pic's etc.

Old 08-30-2011 | 09:07 AM
SecretSquirell
|
Novice

Knew nothing about that.

I've been a member for a while now, but only just for lurking around and getting ideas. Only posted a couple things.

Hopefully I will be able to see the pics now.

Old 08-30-2011 | 08:16 PM
wdb01l
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

same here to !

Old 09-03-2011 | 06:17 AM
MT Don
3rd Gear

I have had the same problem................thanks for the info.

Old 09-08-2011 | 10:08 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 877 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by Snarly
What your probably missing is the rule of five posts and five days to be able to view
pic's etc.
Snarley is right; check out this post by Administrator Patrick (comes from this thread: PROBLEMS VIEWING PICTURES OR PMs?)

Originally Posted by Patrick
Hello,
As some of you surely know, weve been getting spammers who join and never post but send out a ton of spam through the PM system and for a change, it isnt another forum.

We have made some usergroup alterations so that new members cannot get to the areas where these spammers are causing problems..mainly uploaded files (pictures) and the PM system.

NEW MEMBERS WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO PICTURES OR PMs UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN AN ACTIVE MEMBER FOR FIVE DAYS AND FIVE POSTS.

Ive been going through the complaints today in this section about not being able to access PMs or pictures and I see that almost every person with a problem has made less than 5 posts, or theyve been here for less than five days. This is why a great many of the people having the problem later post "nevermind..it works now".

If you are having these problems and you have less than five posts and less than five days on the forum...nothing is wrong. If youve been inactive for a long time, welcome back...post around the forum a little and when the system upgrades usergroups (usually later in the evening) you should be promoted.

If any of you have been here for more than five days and more than five posts (dont assume..make sure), please post in this section with a link to the thread with the pictures that you cannot see.

Thank you for your time and patience while we deal with the spam issues.
You'll find additional info on the Forum by clicking FAQ in the blue bar on top of every page

or use this link:

Board FAQ

Old 09-16-2011 | 08:44 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Default Issue solved?

In order to be able to close this issue, please let me know if your problem has been solved by now.

TIA,

Old 09-16-2011 | 09:54 AM
Snuffy74
5th Gear

Was wondering about this myself. Thanks!

Old 09-16-2011 | 11:25 AM
SecretSquirell
|
Novice

Sorry.......I can view pics now.

Thanks for the help.

Old 09-16-2011 | 11:33 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus