Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

When are the power that be going to check in on the slowness

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011 | 09:36 AM
Rat1
|
Road Master
Default When are the power that be going to check in on the slowness

I don't mean Terry, I know he has alot on his plate and alot of the things are beyond his control.

But when are the owners going to check in on the slowness of this site and do something other then tell everyone they need a different browser to use this site properly?

Are they ever goign to get the issues fixed or are we just going to have to deal with it?

Has anyone ever checked to see why the site is so slow?

I still think it is all the ads on the site. I know that other places that have less then half the ads run alot smoother.

I am starting to wonder if the owners actually give a rip about how slow this site runs, since no one has ever heard from them.

Would one of the higher ups please respond!

Old 08-03-2011 | 07:24 PM
upstate tim
Road Captain

Like dealers, they will say it's "Normal"

Old 08-03-2011 | 08:00 PM
hddan502
Road Master

I am not sure why, but I disabled my ABP (Add Block Plus) and navigating is at least livable. I added ABP a long while back, and it sped things up greatly. Weird.

Old 08-03-2011 | 08:01 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rat1
I don't mean Terry, I know he has alot on his plate and alot of the things are beyond his control.

But when are the owners going to check in on the slowness of this site and do something other then tell everyone they need a different browser to use this site properly?

Are they ever goign to get the issues fixed or are we just going to have to deal with it?

Has anyone ever checked to see why the site is so slow?

I still think it is all the ads on the site. I know that other places that have less then half the ads run alot smoother.

I am starting to wonder if the owners actually give a rip about how slow this site runs, since no one has ever heard from them.

Would one of the higher ups please respond!
Hey Rat, everyone knows it's the ads. Why not just get Firefox for this site and use IE for the other sites you visit. No big deal.
Ya, I know what your going to say. But quit stressing over it. Life's too short.

Old 08-04-2011 | 07:41 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I know you aren't yelling at me but IB is getting ready to change us over to dedicated servers which will help with some of the problems but one of the problems is that I'm running a $300 Toshiba Netbook at Starbucks on the slowest piece of **** AT&T worthless IP and the forum is as fast as any other site on the internet. I get on at Home Depot while I'm at work and it's fast. Both of my Dell Laptops at home are quick. Once again, I don't use IE at all but I just clicked on it to test it and it was working OK too. I just hate IE and it was really terrible back in 07 when I dumped it for Firefox. I also use Adblock.

Old 08-04-2011 | 08:51 AM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

Do you not know how to download firefox, is that the problem, Rat?

Old 08-04-2011 | 09:41 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member

At work I'm limited to IE because IT says I can't use anything else. Today I've had to refresh each page from two to as many as five times to get it to come in.

Old 08-04-2011 | 10:13 AM
Zap
Club Member

Originally Posted by Sharknose
At work I'm limited to IE because IT says I can't use anything else. Today I've had to refresh each page from two to as many as five times to get it to come in.
Not that it matters much to your company, but they
may still be using IE8 or even older. If they had a fresh
start with IE9 it would be a lot better. I have IE9 and it
works good. I did notice here a couple weeks or so ago it
got glitchy for a day or two, but so did my Firefox and Chrome.

Old 08-05-2011 | 07:11 AM
Rat1
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by cameraboy
Do you not know how to download firefox, is that the problem, Rat?

I downloaded it once and got instantly hit by a spoof antivirus malaware that shut down my computer. Funny thing is that I downloaded it from a link provided in another thread on this site. The spoof would not let me run antimalabytes or update antimalabytes. Ended up carrying my laptop to my computer guru to have it cleaned for 75 bucks.

I am the type of guy that doesn't care to get bit twice.

I run IE for the same reasons that harley guys don't want liquid cooled harleys.

It works great and is nice and fast on EVERY other site that I go to other then this one.

Old 08-05-2011 | 07:26 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor

As a sponsor here I have to say with everyone running add blocker just so that they can view the site it is a little disappointing..We pay for a banner and wonder if it is being seen..When we try to post specials that we run we must post them in vendor classified section where they don't even get looked at and fall off the face of the earth in about an hours time..

Quick Reply: When are the power that be going to check in on the slowness