Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Does the "Instant email notification" feature NOT work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011 | 09:15 PM
alkrisma
|
Road Captain
Default Does the "Instant email notification" feature NOT work?

Does the "Instant email notification" feature NOT work? It seems that I might (at best) get 1 email for every approx 5 or 8 replies? Has anyone else experienced the same? this is not a complaint - just a question ...

Yes, my default Default Thread Subscription Mode is set to: Instant email notification

again, not complaining only asking - thanks

Attached Thumbnails Does the "Instant email notification" feature NOT work?-notify.jpg  
Old 06-24-2011 | 09:31 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member

It may be that your email account is rejecting it as junk or spam mail. You may have to set your account to accept email from HDF.

Old 06-24-2011 | 11:19 PM
flattracker60
Tourer

I am subscribied to a few threads (hi way peg one most recently) and am NOT being notified.

I used to get emails.......not anymore.

Old 06-25-2011 | 02:27 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

I have been having the same issue. I get only one e-mail when there was many other replies over a few days time. Something is not right.

Old 06-25-2011 | 08:19 AM
alkrisma
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by soos
It may be that your email account is rejecting it as junk or spam mail. You may have to set your account to accept email from HDF.
my settings are not the problem, something on the HDF back end?

Old 06-25-2011 | 08:45 AM
vtwinbob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by alkrisma
my settings are not the problem, something on the HDF back end?
how many subscribed threads do you have ? mine was getting slow also, so i went to check it out and i had over 300 of them so i deleted 99% of them, most were going way back, and that seem to speed it up a bit. with all the people on here and all those subscribed threads that really need to go puts the band width on over drive and slows it down on the e-mail.

Old 06-25-2011 | 09:46 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by vtwinbob
how many subscribed threads do you have ? mine was getting slow also, so i went to check it out and i had over 300 of them so i deleted 99% of them, most were going way back, and that seem to speed it up a bit. with all the people on here and all those subscribed threads that really need to go puts the band width on over drive and slows it down on the e-mail.
If they're not sending out e-mails, all of those subscribed threads wouldn't slow anything down.

Old 06-26-2011 | 07:34 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

It may be your Internet Provider that is blocking HDF. I use Gmail and get mine all the time but if I use my mediacom account they block it. The big Internet Providers have a system that reads HDF as Spam because we send out hundreds of thousands of emails and pms everyday. This has been a problem for years. We get it fixed and it works for awhile then they block us again.

Terry

Old 06-26-2011 | 09:27 AM
alkrisma
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by "Terry"TheTrollKiller
It may be your Internet Provider that is blocking HDF. I use Gmail and get mine all the time but if I use my mediacom account they block it. The big Internet Providers have a system that reads HDF as Spam because we send out hundreds of thousands of emails and pms everyday. This has been a problem for years. We get it fixed and it works for awhile then they block us again.

Terry
I use gmail as well, nothing is being blocked or routed as spam. it's just an inconvenience not that big of a deal

Old 06-26-2011 | 11:28 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

I also use G-mail. Nothing in my SPAM folder related to this web site.

Quick Reply: Does the "Instant email notification" feature NOT work?