Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Cant Upload Pics to New Album "This picture exceeds your total album file size"

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011 | 05:10 PM
Jllyfsh
|
Tourer
Default Cant Upload Pics to New Album "This picture exceeds your total album file size"

So... Im able to create a new album but when I click on "click here to upload pictures!" I get this error message right off the bat.

"This picture exceeds your total album file size quota by 682.8 KB."
It doesnt give me the chance to browse or anything. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

Thanks

Old 06-22-2011 | 05:48 PM
Zap
Club Member

Originally Posted by Jllyfsh
So... Im able to create a new album but when I click on "click here to upload pictures!" I get this error message right off the bat.

"This picture exceeds your total album file size quota by 682.8 KB."
It doesnt give me the chance to browse or anything. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

Thanks
I never had an album so I went to make one.
It did everything it's supposed to and I now have
a pic there. I would say it's your settings either in
your UserCP or on your PC, nothing wrong
with the forum, from what I can see..

Edit: did you try to upload a smaller pic? How big was the pic you tried to upload?

Last edited by Zap; 06-22-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-22-2011 | 05:57 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Could be time to 'become a member' ... that increases the amount of photo storage you have ....

As a non-member, you have a finite amount of storage ... that limit gets increased with your subscription ....

I have hit my limit, so am only able to add a new photo if I delete an old one to make space ....

My album doesn't have too many new photos ... but, that's not a problem for me ... I just post in threads if I have something to show and tell ....

R/
'Chop

Old 06-22-2011 | 06:32 PM
Jllyfsh
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Zap
Edit: did you try to upload a smaller pic? How big was the pic you tried to upload?

Thanks for your reply. I wasnt able to even choose a picture to upload. It just gave me the error before I could select one.

Old 06-22-2011 | 06:33 PM
Jllyfsh
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Could be time to 'become a member' ... that increases the amount of photo storage you have ....

As a non-member, you have a finite amount of storage ... that limit gets increased with your subscription ....

I have hit my limit, so am only able to add a new photo if I delete an old one to make space ....

My album doesn't have too many new photos ... but, that's not a problem for me ... I just post in threads if I have something to show and tell ....

R/
'Chop

Hmm, that sounds like it could be the problem. Maybe I'll look into becoming a real member. :0 thanks!

Old 06-22-2011 | 06:56 PM
JackDupp
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop

R/
'Chop
Thanks for your reply. I wasnt able to even choose a picture to upload. It just gave me the error before I could select one.
Hmm, that sounds like it could be the problem. Maybe I'll look into becoming a real member. :0 thanks!
That's strange. I never had an album before either
so I went and made one. No problem, got one 800pxl
pic in it. I'm not a paid member either.
Maybe pm terry, an admin, he may help. Click>Terry

Last edited by JackDupp; 06-22-2011 at 07:11 PM.