Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

HDForums Site

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011 | 09:29 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I'm running Mediacom Cable Internet on a 10.1 inch Toshiba Netbook and have never seen that error message. The forum usually runs very fast for me but we crashed a few days ago and it seems a little slower to me right now but not too bad. I'm going to report that to the IT guys but I don't think they will be in until tomorrow. I stand corrected................I saw that message the other day when the forum was actually down. We were down for the better part of a day in certain areas. You can actually turn off the pictures if you want but we do not "host" the pictures so it's not eating up any hay here at HDF or slowing anything down.
Terry

Old 04-24-2011 | 10:30 AM
JackDupp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by "Terry"TheTrollKiller
I'm running Mediacom Cable Internet on a 10.1 inch Toshiba Netbook and have never seen that error message. The forum usually runs very fast for me but we crashed a few days ago and it seems a little slower to me right now but not too bad. I'm going to report that to the IT guys but I don't think they will be in until tomorrow. I stand corrected................I saw that message the other day when the forum was actually down. We were down for the better part of a day in certain areas. You can actually turn off the pictures if you want but we do not "host" the pictures so it's not eating up any hay here at HDF or slowing anything down.
Terry
I get this one also quite frequently while trying to click a post off. This is the only place this has ever happened. Today everything seems fine. Also, I'm not complaining, just trying to show what's actually happening on our end as some doubt us.
JD

Last edited by JackDupp; 04-24-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-24-2011 | 11:51 AM
CasaWolves
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 146 Posts

Terry unfortunately I have to agree with my brothers in iron here......I have a state of the art Mac and run both Firefox and Chrome. Chrome delivers it a little faster, but I too prefer Firefox. I have a fast connection and other sites/forums etc, fly....but HD forums especially of late crawls along. Dont know what it is but it is slow.

Old 04-24-2011 | 04:00 PM
Chuck1
Road Warrior
Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks everyone, maybe we can get things worked out for what was the best Harley forum I know of. It took me 55 seconds for this page to come up so I could post this.

Old 04-26-2011 | 06:39 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

My computer is very fast also and I have a 20mbps down and 5mbps up connection but sometimes this site is slower than Oprah getting up from Thanksgiving dinner. I do use IE9 but that shouldn't be a problem. All other sites are fine, just this one gives me problems.