Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

HDForums Site

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011 | 12:49 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
This site NEVER has problems
yeh, so shut up

it wouldn't work at all for me yesterday afternoon. seems ok today

Old 04-19-2011 | 01:15 PM
evil-1
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Much better today! Yesterday it was foobarred and nothin would work.

Old 04-19-2011 | 04:02 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I haven't been on the site very much for the past month or so, but I kind of blame it on the 8+ year old 'puter that I am using.

With all the AD's and stuff on HDForums it seems that you need a computer with more internal 'memory' (or whatever) to load all the required resources. My computer will just sit there in limbo sometimes when I try to read or access a topic. Didn't happen much in the past, but anyway....

I don't have the problem on other sites that aren't as much of a 'resource hog'...

Guess I might have to break down and purchase a more up-to-date computer one of these days....

Old 04-19-2011 | 04:26 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Was bad, better today.
Gary D.

Old 04-20-2011 | 04:36 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

We were down with server problems and it took some time to get back up and running. Everything should be fine now. If HDF is that slow (as mentioned above) for you then you need to do some maintenance on your own computer. I'm running Firefox on two laptops and a netbook and the forum runs fine for me. I also have a fast connection so that helps.

Old 04-20-2011 | 08:54 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by "Terry"TheTrollKiller
...If HDF is that slow (as mentioned above) for you then you need to do some maintenance on your own computer...
Terry, don't kid yourself; it isn't a lack of maintenance on our computers. This is the only site which so often loads excruciatingly slowly, sometimes never ceasing to load.

Old 04-20-2011 | 11:23 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by lo-rider
Terry, don't kid yourself; it isn't a lack of maintenance on our computers. This is the only site which so often loads excruciatingly slowly, sometimes never ceasing to load.
I understand what you are saying but I have Mediacom Cable Internet with a Wireless Router on a $600 Dell from Staples and a $300 Toshiba 10.1" Netbook (both running Firefox) and HDF loads just as fast as any other forum I'm on. The only time I ran into a real problem was back in 2007 with Internet Explorer which is when I changed to Firefox. I can take either of my laptops to Starbucks and can't load **** on their AT&T Internet.

Old 04-20-2011 | 02:51 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Terry--OK, understand you have no trouble at all, using whatever setup you have. I believe you.

But please believe that, for many of us, there really is an ongoing problem w/ the site, separate from the recent server issues. It is not my intention to just be complaining about it or dump on admin in any way, but rather to persuade admin to see that there really is a problem.

Note: I am hardwired to a very fast fiber-optic router, and have this trouble ONLY w/ HD Forums. Also regularly dump cache and clean-start. Running IE (w/ or w/o Firefox) or Google Chrome.

Appreciate your help.

Old 04-24-2011 | 05:39 AM
Chuck1
Road Warrior
Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by lo-rider
Terry--OK, understand you have no trouble at all, using whatever setup you have. I believe you.

But please believe that, for many of us, there really is an ongoing problem w/ the site, separate from the recent server issues. It is not my intention to just be complaining about it or dump on admin in any way, but rather to persuade admin to see that there really is a problem.

Note: I am hardwired to a very fast fiber-optic router, and have this trouble ONLY w/ HD Forums. Also regularly dump cache and clean-start. Running IE (w/ or w/o Firefox) or Google Chrome.

Appreciate your help.
Same here, Dell Alien Ware desktop, fast. New IE9 Best IP around here. This is the only forum, site whatever that loads very slow. I keep hoping something clicks here. I wouldn't try another browser for just one site either. I think it's just to much activity and to much going on for the set up. It must need some kind of upgrade for it to work well for everyone. For some reason it must work ok for some and as long as it works ok for some, it will probably stay this way. I do think they will have to make changes in the near future though.

Last edited by Chuck1; 04-24-2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old 04-24-2011 | 08:15 AM
JackDupp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck1
Same here, Dell Alien Ware desktop, fast. New IE9 Best IP around here. This is the only forum, site whatever that loads very slow.
The biggest problem for this forum, even at it's best, is the posting
of overly large pictures. The admin should automatically restrict the
size of photo files to no more than 500pxl's. They now restrict sig pic's,
but don't control post pic's. This is the only site I know of with out of
control picture content. And yes, I continually have problems like others,
and no it doesn't happen anywhere else. I have Fios big bang and clean
computers.
Sample:

Quick Reply: HDForums Site