Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Stopped receiving emails from HDForum

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006 | 12:48 PM
Shadofaxx
|
Tourer
Default Stopped receiving emails from HDForum

Over the weekend I have stopped receiving emails notifying me of new posts to subscribed forums. Checked Control Panel and nothing has changed. Any ideas?

Old 10-02-2006 | 11:47 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Stopped receiving emails from HDForum

I know exactly what happened because it has happened to me twice. Second time was just last week. You're IP (Internet Provider) notices that you are getting 6 thousand (number exaggerated for effect) pm's a day from HDF and figures you have been spammed by some super alien and you must need help. Your IP blocks HDF due to the huge number of contacts. What you need to do is click on the "Contact HDF" at the top of the forum and fill out the forum explaining your problem. Ralph (the owner) has a guy who will fix this for you. There is nothing you can do from your end. If your problem is not fixed in a couple of days just pm me and I'll contact Ralph myself.

Old 10-03-2006 | 09:44 AM
Shadofaxx
|
Tourer

Thanks Terry1955, I have sent the request and will wait and see. I did test the email from other accounts and it works, I suspect you nailed the problem. Mentioned in the request that I may have to actually start working at work instead of reading HDF if I don't get this fixed

Kevin

Old 10-07-2006 | 09:02 AM
dchoran
Road Warrior

I subscribe to a few threads but have not been getting emails for the last few days???

Anybody else experiencing this???

Sat 10/7

DIRECT FROM AN EARTHLINK CHAT THIS MORNING:

dchoran@earthlink.net: you don't automatically block emails even if there are say 200 sent from the same adress over a couple hours???

Sherman T: No, we do not block any thing.

Old 10-07-2006 | 11:17 PM
Shadofaxx
|
Tourer

They just got mine fixed! I would suggest either following Terry's advice above (Contact HDF) or PM him. He is an Admin for the site and had the contacts to fix me up in no time! He may not be following up on this post so starting a new thread may get a response as well.

Good Luck!

Old 10-08-2006 | 12:24 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I'm watching. Go ahead and click on the "Contact HDF" at the top of the page and let them know what's going on. It does not appear that this problem is effecting too many members.

Also, it's always OK to pm me directly when you have a problem. I don't always catch each thread and might miss your problem. I can always forward your problem directly to the owner (Ralph).

Old 05-27-2007 | 11:30 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

?