Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Sig Pic

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010 | 12:53 PM
redsled
Cruiser

Test - I think I figured out what to do - not obvious at all! Some steps:

1. User CP>Settings & Options>Edit Signature
2. Scroll down to the section "Signature Picture" and either upload your pic or provide URL for a pic that is already somewhere on the web (must be publicly accessible). Pay attention to the size limits noted at the bottom of the box.
3. After your pic is uploaded it should now show up in the Signature Picture section of your Control Panel (the section you're already in).
4. To the right of your picture is a link, Insert Signature Picture. Click on that, and it will add HTML tags to your Signature text, which is the box above the picture box.
5. Right click on your Sig picture and select "Copy Image Location" (basically copies the URL of the image to the windows clipboard).
6. Go up into your Signature text, where the new HTML tags are, place your cursor between the two tags, and hit ctrl+V (paste), which should insert the image URL into your signature text.
7. Save Changes, and check out your new sig.

This is what I did and it worked. YMMV. Seems like a lot of manual steps - maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited by redsled; 03-30-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-30-2010 | 08:23 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Default Can't load a profile picture

Spent at least 3 hours over the last couple of days..tried from both outside URL and my computer files. Either get "Invalid File" or "Failed". I don't get it. I've posted pictures of my bike in emails and other sites, but I can't seem to do it here. Very frustrating. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Most of the time I'm not even given the "paste" option.

Old 03-30-2010 | 08:41 PM
redsled
Cruiser

did you read my step by step above? you don't paste the picture, you paste the url. If you're getting a fail it could be because the pic doesn't meet size limits - have you checked that?

Old 03-30-2010 | 09:16 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Default Hey Red Sled!

Thanks much! I followed your steps, and after a couple tries....success!! I'm gonna have a drink now in your honor and relax! Thanks again!

Old 03-30-2010 | 10:09 PM
redsled
Cruiser

Originally Posted by warrconn
Thanks much! I followed your steps, and after a couple tries....success!! I'm gonna have a drink now in your honor and relax! Thanks again!
Nice, Warrconn! Glad it worked for you. Sweet FXR, too!