Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Is an upgrade coming?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010 | 10:43 AM
AZ Rider
|
Road Warrior
Default Is an upgrade coming?

I got to admit, I haven't been here that much lately because I cannot take the slow load times anymore. There are so many advertisement banners now. I have no issues anywhere else except here.

I love the forum and the people here but I really think maybe a new server or upgrade is in order.

I have tried Firefox with adblocker and that made it passable for a few weeks but ads keep creeping back in, and to be honest, is that what your advertisers want? Me to block their ads?

I guess I'm just frustrated because I visit many forums with the same computer and this is the only one that takes in interminable amount of time to load pages. Every other site load quick except this one.

That's probably a credit to this site as many Harley owners come here to discuss but maybe this server or site has been outgrown and the traffic warrants a major upgrade.

This is not a criticism of the content of the site. I guess this is just a suggestion that because you have so many advertisers that maybe new coding, forum software, and some new servers could help.

I've purchased products from some of the vendors who advertise here with excellent results and quality products.

But this is like dial up now and I have a cable modem. I've done all the suggested tech things like flushing cache and all that. Tried different browsers. None of it makes this any faster.

Just a suggestion because I do like coming here and have for almost four years now.

Think it's time for the Binford 5000 turbo server and an upgrade to a faster provider.

Old 02-13-2010 | 10:45 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

You need the Ghostery add on for firefox, and the no script add on. All will be normal again.