Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Having a problem getting pages to load (open)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 08:22 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As of this morning, January 14th, 2010, the problem still exists. I tries "Ctrl" and hit "F5" with no luck. It's not happening all of the time but still an aggravation. Using I.E. version 7.0.5730.13 with Windows XP Professional. I also keep Cookies cleaned out.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:26 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

If you are running fire fox, get no script script blocker add on, Ghostery, and Ad block plus. See if those help. Ccleaaer and Glary utilities as well and run tehm at least once daily or when the computer starts to slow down.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:23 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
If you are running fire fox, get no script script blocker add on, Ghostery, and Ad block plus. See if those help. Ccleaaer and Glary utilities as well and run tehm at least once daily or when the computer starts to slow down.
Shouldn't have to do all of that. Making a website compatible to the more popular and common web browsers usually fall upon the site hosts and owners.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:34 AM
2Sore
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man..I can't figure out what's happening with you computer..I run IE7 and had problems till I cleaned everything and now it's running normal. Could it be your area server? This could be frustrating..hope it gets figured out. This is a great site.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:43 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Originally Posted by bikes
Shouldn't have to do all of that. Making a website compatible to the more popular and common web browsers usually fall upon the site hosts and owners.
I spent weeks trying to figure this out. The funny thing is on my Mac there are no issues, and no issues on any other sites.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:44 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2Sore
Man..I can't figure out what's happening with you computer..I run IE7 and had problems till I cleaned everything and now it's running normal. Could it be your area server? This could be frustrating..hope it gets figured out. This is a great site.
You are correct. It could be my server but getting them to look into it or admitting to anything would be next to impossible. Other's are still having the same problem. Unless they are within the same areas as I am and using the same server, there would still be a problem. All I know is, it was working fine just before I made the original post here.

I just did a ping on this website and it's connecting at 199 to 232ms. Which is 232 milliseconds and pretty dam fast in computer language. My browser isn't having any problems nor is my server.

Last edited by shortride; 01-14-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM
IB Adrian
Cruiser
Received 60 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bikes
As of this morning, January 14th, 2010, the problem still exists. I tries "Ctrl" and hit "F5" with no luck. It's not happening all of the time but still an aggravation. Using I.E. version 7.0.5730.13 with Windows XP Professional. I also keep Cookies cleaned out.
When you state "the problem still exists", is this a partial page load (indicates it is an issue with one of the elements), or is it the connection reset error a user posted earlier? (indicates it could be an issue with our load balancer/firewall connection)

Sorry for all the questions, but we seem unable to reproduce the issue.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:57 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
When you state "the problem still exists", is this a partial page load (indicates it is an issue with one of the elements), or is it the connection reset error a user posted earlier? (indicates it could be an issue with our load balancer/firewall connection)

Sorry for all the questions, but we seem unable to reproduce the issue.
Yes, the issue is only a partial page load. When it's working, it work like it always has. When there is an issue, it only loads the header.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:34 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

Still not working this morning.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:01 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 301 Likes on 230 Posts

Still having the same problem on all computers and ONLY on this website.
Even did a clean install of Firefox on one system with no cookies, logs, temp files, history, etc.

Originally Posted by cHarley
After clicking on a link from any section in the forum, the Status line at the bottom of the Firefox browser window simply hangs, reading, "Waiting on HDForums.com..."

After waiting, I get the following,

This is occurring on multiple systems, all running Firefox 3.5.7

This problem is only experienced on the HDForums website.

E-mail sent........

Last edited by cHarley; 01-15-2010 at 07:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Having a problem getting pages to load (open)