Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Page too wide for my moniter

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 05:35 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,230 Likes on 727 Posts

Terry since I signed up all I ever had to do was go to page and change the text from large to medium, I use IE8 and Win XP Pro. Once I did that I could view the site without doing any side scrolling. I have a 24" monitor @ 1280 x 1024. This site and Craigslist were the only two that I have to lower the text to read comfortably. Within the last few days something has changed because now I have a bottom scroll bar I never had before.I can't read the full post without having to scroll left to right.

Forgot to add if I do log out the pages are like they use to be. I can read them without scrolling side to side. I guess that is how I will roll from now on. I hope you find a fix for it. Thanks

Originally Posted by Terry1955
Sorry boys and girls. We've been talking about this between me and several of the other mods. You can always pm one of us if you don't get the answer as quickly. I have two computers at home and one at work and am not having this problem. Two moderators state that they have. Change your screen resolution and it will fix it. I have no idea what is causing this for just a few members.

Last edited by Mr.Softy; 11-07-2009 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:47 AM
steve (bubba) hill
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same problem here :: i always said , if it ain't broke don't fix it ....

Old 11-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 118 Posts

same problem here

Old 11-07-2009, 07:12 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Same issue here. I don't think it's just a few of us having the problem.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 156 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Rider1200
Terry since I signed up all I ever had to do was go to page and change the text from large to medium, I use IE8 and Win XP Pro. Once I did that I could view the site without doing any side scrolling. I have a 24" monitor @ 1280 x 1024. This site and Craigslist were the only two that I have to lower the text to read comfortably. Within the last few days something has changed because now I have a bottom scroll bar I never had before.I can't read the full post without having to scroll left to right.

Forgot to add if I do log out the pages are like they use to be. I can read them without scrolling side to side. I guess that is how I will roll from now on. I hope you find a fix for it. Thanks
OK, it's been forwarded to the IT guys.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:31 AM
kahaone
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I do like this forum, but, I don't plan on changing my screen resolution just for this site that is not right. If it was in many other forums, yes, I'd change then. But it is only this site, so I see no reason why I should change my entire computer viewing just to match this site.
I just won't come here when I don't feel like being frustrated.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:35 AM
DoomBuggy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Terry,

Thanks for looking into it, it is a pain for us older guys who's eyes cannot deal with tiny resolutions.

Best,
Harry

Old 11-08-2009, 11:50 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add me as well. Something has happened the last couple of days. I now have to scroll every post when using my laptop. I've used this laptop for viewing the HD forums for years, no problems. Only recently does it now require me to scroll.

Thanks for looking into it.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:23 AM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Same here....have to use the bottom arrow to scroll back and forth to read headings and text.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:32 PM
morrishuckeba
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terry,

Thanks for looking into it, it is a pain for us older guys who's eyes cannot deal with tiny resolutions, And I do not like to scroll back and forth. this just started.

Quick Reply: Page too wide for my moniter