Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Be Carefull Opening Attachments Here.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 06:54 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Be Carefull Opening Attachments Here.

I would have contacted the forum directly but I can't seem to find a place to do that.
I have 3 times caught the same Trogan here that totally screws up your computer, it is attached to attachments that people are putting in there blogs, I believe this is a problem with this sight because it's the same Trogan trying to sell you the same product for $50 to get rid of it.
The first time I got this it cost me $400 to get rid of it and since then I have gotten twice more but my new system cleans/deletes it from my computer (takes 2-3 days but it gets rid of it).
Anyway if you want to open and attachment it's a total crap shot as to what you are going to get, it's kinda like having sex without a rubber, if you have to look at an attachment write down the address and go out of the sight to look it up.
So you guys know my computer has a bunch of extra crap on it to protect it because my wife works for a doctors office from home and we have all the same protections the office does.
Only this sight can sneak something through!

Last edited by jag1886; 06-04-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:05 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Which member blogs are you reading here?

Old 06-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by jag1886
I would have contacted the forum directly but I can't seem to find a place to do that.
I have 3 times caught the same Trogan here that totally screws up your computer, it is attached to attachments that people are putting in there blogs, I believe this is a problem with this sight because it's the same Trogan trying to sell you the same product for $50 to get rid of it.
The first time I got this it cost me $400 to get rid of it and since then I have gotten twice more but my new system cleans/deletes it from my computer (takes 2-3 days but it gets rid of it).
Anyway if you want to open and attachment it's a total crap shot as to what you are going to get, it's kinda like having sex without a rubber, if you have to look at an attachment write down the address and go out of the sight to look it up.
So you guys know my computer has a bunch of extra crap on it to protect it because my wife works for a doctors office from home and we have all the same protections the office does.
Only this sight can sneak something through!
I'm sorry but I would blame your anti virus software before I blamed HDF. There are close to 100,000 members here and YOU are the only one that has caught this virus. There are numerous ways to contact a moderator or Admin. Our names are posted at the top of several of the forums. Most of the moderators and admin are on here several hours everyday and if there was a virus on this forum we would know it.

Terry
HDF Admin

Old 06-17-2009, 12:38 AM
genedjr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First and foremost, have a layered approach to protection on your computer. I use a three layer approach that consists of XP64 (believe it or not), Avast, and spybot. Very few viruses are capable of really attacking xp64 - if they do, Avast (free for personal use) has caught others, and spybot warns and requests verification for any 'system' change. I also use Lavasoft Adaware (lavasoftusa.com - yes its free too) to clean the system periodocally.

I have never detected a virus on HDForums. However - some of my filtering may not tell me it blocked a virus. And even if I have to fight virus's tooth and nail, this forum is well worth it.

...gene

P.S. that you paid $400 is odd - there are many many litterally free ways to restore your system after a successful virus attack and NONE of them cost $400. Take a gander at PCPer.com (PCPerspective) - its chock full of very easy and usefull tips and tools to keep the pirates at bay.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:34 AM
kccustom
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go here http://malwarebytes.org/ download the program and run it, problem solved.

You will be surprised, I know I was.