Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Messages Too Wide To Fit on Screen

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:48 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by OregonFXSTC
Have you checked your screen resolution settings?
What OS are you running? have you tried to update it?
I agree with you on this. There is no setting on HDF to change the way you view the forum. This has to be a computer setting.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:30 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chas63
Yeah, but that wouldn't explain why I have this problem with EVERY thread I look at on this site. Surely every thread doesn't have a picture that is too big.
They don't, I was just saying that's the only way I've seen that wide of screen with my computer.

You can change your monitor screen resolution by going to my computer and then display settings, you can change the resolution there. I run mine at 1024X768 on a 21" screen, which is fairly low so I can see the print, I don't have any problems with page width, except for the large pictures.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:37 PM
OregonFXSTC
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chas63
I don't know how to check my screen resolution settings, but as I said, this is the only forum that I have this problem.

I'm running MS Windows XP Home Edition 2002 Version. I update it frequently.
Start Button>Control panel> Display> Settings> then adjust the screen resolution slider.
Also click view at the top of your window and check the font size.
I hope this helps.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Chas63
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've already got my screen resolution set at 1024x768. That apparently doesn't help any.

Wish I could find out what the problem is because I can't stand reading more than a few posts here due to all the scrolling back and forth to read a post.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Mr. Scratch
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same problem, was working fine eariler but now is messed up. I surf around on other sites and all if cool. Is their a problem on HDF???

Old 04-17-2009, 05:20 PM
HRLYSG
Road Master

It's NOT his computer. Something has changed with the forums and it's a royal pain. Appears the problem may be caused by having too much crap such as "HD Knowledge Base" in the navigation links area of the forums. Forget what Vbulletin calls that. It's STRETCHING the forums in order to fit IMO.

Last edited by HRLYSG; 04-17-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Chas63
Tourer

I'm still having that problem and I didn't used to have the problem a couple months ago.

I clicked on "View" near the top of my screen and then selected "Text Size". There are 5 choices for text size and I've got mine set on the very smallest size and yet I still have to scroll back and forth to read most posts.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one having this problem.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It happens to me from time to time but not all the time. Maybe try a different web browser.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:07 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I think yall need a bigger monitor. yea thats it!

Old 04-19-2009, 12:47 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HRLYSG
It's NOT his computer. Something has changed with the forums and it's a royal pain. Appears the problem may be caused by having too much crap such as "HD Knowledge Base" in the navigation links area of the forums. Forget what Vbulletin calls that. It's STRETCHING the forums in order to fit IMO.

Not sure what is going on with y'alls screen width problem, here's three different screen shots from my monitor.

The first two screenshots you can see all of the post without scrolling, the last screen shot the page is too wide and I would have to scroll to read it, but it's because the pic you see is too big, it's 1024 X 768 and the largest pic you can put up that won't make the screen too large is 640 X 480 which is supposed to be the largest we allow just for that reason.

For the few that are having trouble (if the pic size are not too large), what size monitor do you have, what browser are you running, as Terry said we have no control over what your computer settings are, but you can clearly see I'm not having that problem the exception only being when the pic is too large for the page, but we will try to find a solution for y'all if we can.

Quick Reply: Messages Too Wide To Fit on Screen