Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

emailing threads

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009 | 04:28 AM
dexterdave
|
Cruiser
Default emailing threads

Every now and then I like to e-mail myself a thread so I can read it in more detail later...Lately though, I don't receive the emails..

Any suggestions or know of any problems?

Old 03-01-2009 | 02:29 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member

If you're using Outlook there's a problem, anyone that's had a problem we've had change to a G mail addy and fixed that issue.

Look here https://www.hdforums.com/forum/4542641-post21.html

Old 03-28-2009 | 07:27 AM
Chuck1
Road Warrior

I still don't get an e-mail response. I wish this forum would correct the problem. I don't need another mail account, like others said. If this forum can't work with popular mail programs like Outlook, there is a problem with the forum. Paying members should be more upset than me about it. Many people don't know that their post has been replied too, which makes many threads die when they shouldn't or duplicate threads start because a new thread died from no notification of a response.

Old 03-29-2009 | 10:56 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Chuck1
I still don't get an e-mail response. I wish this forum would correct the problem. I don't need another mail account, like others said. If this forum can't work with popular mail programs like Outlook, there is a problem with the forum. Paying members should be more upset than me about it. Many people don't know that their post has been replied too, which makes many threads die when they shouldn't or duplicate threads start because a new thread died from no notification of a response.
There are no paying members so no one should be more upset than anyone else. The problem is not HDF, it's your IP. HDF is so big and sends out so many emails (Subscription Notifications, Emails and PM Notifications) that many IP's read us as Spam and have blocked us. Another problem is that many of our emails end up in your Spam or Junk box and you may miss them. I'm the Admin here and had to switch to a Gmail account because of the same reason. I have Mediacom and they continually block HDF.

Terry