Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Slow???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 02:39 PM
SIXR
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Slow???

Is it me or is the site really bogged down? Logging in, opening and closing threads and posting all have a delayed reaction for me. Grrrrrrrrrr....

Old 02-14-2009, 10:57 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I think it must be you. I've had no complaints from any other members and it is lightening fast for me right now.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:11 PM
Bert Man
Intermediate
Received 44 Likes on 2 Posts

SIXR it is not just you. I love the great information on this site, but, it is s-----o-o slow that I often become thoroughly disgusted and just go elsewhere. Signing in, opening threads, and going back to a previous page sometimes takes 2-3 minutes each time. Now one might suggest that it is my computer or the fact that I am stuck with dial-up, but most of the other H-D forums and most all unrelated forums that I frequent move quickly, like a few seconds. I don't know the explanation for that. Seems if it was me it wouldn't just happen here. Have even tried at less than peak hours and v-e-r-y little improvement. Have been suspecting the problem was the server on this site; but maybe not. I just don't know, but is so frustrating that it ruins the experience for me.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:26 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Bert dial up is going to be slow here, this is a huge forum so it might be slower than other HD bike sites with less traffic and members, we average about 2000 people online here all the time. You can go into your cp user and set the controls so pictures don't upload, this will help on your dial up speed if you haven't done that already, but most folks like to look at the pictures, for sure a faster connection such as DSL or cable would make all the difference for you.

Also, you must make sure your computer isn't bogged down with adware and spyware, or any virus' this is a problem for many, but not always, I use Sypbot to block and remove such junk and the free version of AVG for anit-virus, I was amazed at how much junk was in my computer and how much faster it was after. I was also amazed at how much Norton Anti-virus bogged down my computer, I'm not a computer geek by no means, most of what I know about I've learned from others.

For the most part it's really fast here for me on my cable connection, sometimes the traffic on the servers I think is the biggest factor in speed if all is well with your computer.

Don't know if any of this will help, just trying to suggest some things to look at.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:28 AM
SIXR
Banned

Originally Posted by Bert Man
SIXR it is not just you. I love the great information on this site, but, it is s-----o-o slow that I often become thoroughly disgusted and just go elsewhere. Signing in, opening threads, and going back to a previous page sometimes takes 2-3 minutes each time. Now one might suggest that it is my computer or the fact that I am stuck with dial-up, but most of the other H-D forums and most all unrelated forums that I frequent move quickly, like a few seconds. I don't know the explanation for that. Seems if it was me it wouldn't just happen here. Have even tried at less than peak hours and v-e-r-y little improvement. Have been suspecting the problem was the server on this site; but maybe not. I just don't know, but is so frustrating that it ruins the experience for me.
I know it's not just me. I'm on FIOS (fiber optic) and my PC is fast everywhere else on the internet. Oh well, it is what it is...

Old 02-19-2009, 01:37 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by SIXR
I know it's not just me. I'm on FIOS (fiber optic) and my PC is fast everywhere else on the internet. Oh well, it is what it is...
What web browser are you using?

Old 02-21-2009, 09:08 AM
SIXR
Banned

I'm on IE 7.0.5730

Old 02-21-2009, 12:54 PM
shawn e.
Road Master

Firefox.

Shawn

Old 02-21-2009, 08:32 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the slowest of all the forums I read daily, it's all the advertisements that we are stuck seeing. There are many times that I just get sick of waiting and leave. I've also noticed a lot of the regulars I used to see posting on here a lot are gone or not posting anymore.........makes me wonder if they got sick of it too.

I have RoadRunner and I use Firefox(latest updates)........and this site is by far the slowest thing going right now.

I would rather pay $15 a year and have no advertisements if it would speed it up.

Steve

Old 02-23-2009, 05:54 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Firefox is much faster than IE no matter what your IP is try it and see if it helps you can still use IE if you don't like it, it's a free download, if you have DSL, cable or T1 or higher this site should be fast for the most part, this site is fast for me on cable, dial up will never be fast here no matter what. As stated previously make sure your computer is not bogged down with spy and adware, also if you have Norton antivirus it will slow you down even more.

A clean virus/spyware/adware free computer unless it's an old one should be fast here on cable or DSL. Sixr try firefox and see what you think.

Quick Reply: Slow???