Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

A forum question.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default A forum question.....

Is this only me or is it a forum "feature"? When I'm reading threads in, say this area, and am on page 3, when I finish a thread and try to go back to the forum I'm always taken back to page 1. On the old site, it took you back to the page you were currently on. Now I have to try to remember which page I'm on and when I get back to page 1, click the appropraite page (if I can remember).

Maybe it is a problem with some cookie that I'm not getting or some other local problem, but it sure is irritating.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

Anyone????

Old 09-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Bluetoys
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unless it is a long thread, you could just click the back button or the backspace button on the key board the appropriate amount of times to get back to where you were. Yes, if you click the link on the top for the forum (where it says Harley Davidson Forums > Other > Forum Issues > A forum question..... ) it will carry you back to the beginning of the forum. try clicking the little folder looking icon, it might work like a back button.
Think of it as when you are in an explorer box looking at a file. If you click the back button, it will take you to the previous area you had just been to. If you click the up arrow, it takes you to the next higher up area that is holding the file.

Last edited by Bluetoys; 09-17-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Bluetoys
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, that works. never mind all that gobble I just posted.
It would explain the deal, but the short answer to you question would be to just click the little file looking icon at the top near where it says Harley Davidson forums >
It acts like a back button.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

The back button works fine if you're reading asingle page thread, but sone of these threads get pretty long and I can't remember which page of the forum I was on. I know it's a minor inconvenience, but on the "old" forum, you were one click away from the page you were currently reading. Just thought I'd ask in case I was missing something, which I often do.

Thanks for the ideas.
Jim

Old 09-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

I can't make anything do what I'm talking about, return to the page I was viewing, everything take me back to page 1 or simply acts like a back button. Thanks for trying anyway. It must be annoying only to me so no big deal.