Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Welcome To The New and Improved HDF

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:39 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looks just like V-Twin forums,seems all my photo's are gone?

Great......... looks just like V-twin forum,which i left to come to HDForums,I've had to log in 4 times to get just this far already(even though it thanked me for logging in each and every time),My photo album seems to not exsist anymore,Nice work!
all my saved PM's are gone as well. I might be wrong,but I thought it was said all our info,passwords and such would be carried over to the "new and Improved" site. finally got onto my profile,nothing there,all my photo's dont exsist anymore? what happen to my photo album? I had one on my other profile on the original site.

Maybe just me,I dont see from my stand point,that this is any better,I still have to log in all the time as well, I'm thinking it's a new site and not really much better,would have been nice to have pulled my photo's out of my gallery before they were dumped,same with my pm's i had saved. thanks for the heads up that all would be lost,someone must have forgot to let me know!

Old 08-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Ahh/// chit/// I// was// just// gettin'//"""&& used// to ALL//?? the dots...dashes----slashes///quotationmarks"""""et//c.
I also noticed NO SMILEYS and emoticons to choose from. Makes it hard for an azzclown to git 'er dun, Terry.
And a REAL sneaky way to get those sig pics DOWN TO SIZE, HMMM.
PLUS, and this is the BIG ONE, I am a curmudgeon, and I hate things to change. Can we just go back to the way it used to was?

Old 08-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick
it seems that the easiest way to get your sig up, is to upload it to your gallery, then "copy image location", and put it into the sig box in img brackets:

[IMG][/IMG] it would go between these
Do the sig pics have to be hosted here at HDF? The GIFs are too large to be hosted here.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:47 PM
tseek555
Road Master

Like any change, it's going to take some time to work out the bugs. Let's all give them a little time. Thanks for all the hard work, I believe in the long run this is going to be better.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:48 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BirchwhiteHD
Great......... looks just like V-twin forum,which i left to come to HDForums,I've had to log in 4 times to get just this far already(even though it thanked me for logging in each and every time),My photo album seems to not exsist anymore,Nice work!
all my saved PM's are gone as well. I might be wrong,but I thought it was said all our info,passwords and such would be carried over to the "new and Improved" site. finally got onto my profile,nothing there,all my photo's dont exsist anymore? what happen to my photo album? I had one on my other profile on the original site.

Maybe just me,I dont see from my stand point,that this is any better,I still have to log in all the time as well, I'm thinking it's a new site and not really much better,would have been nice to have pulled my photo's out of my gallery before they were dumped,same with my pm's i had saved. thanks for the heads up that all would be lost,someone must have forgot to let me know!
There was a heads up actually about three per section prior to the changeover. I'm sorry you missed them, but it was announced and time was given. Passwords are now case sensitive that could have been your log in problem but maybe not.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:50 PM
DMas
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good! Similar to the Linux forums I use.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:51 PM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

loks good so far

Old 08-06-2008, 04:59 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master
Thumbs up .....

John Tn

Had I been able to log into the original site ,and have pages open,instead of just remaining blank,with a "done" in the bottom left corner,I guess i probally had already pulled what i wanted to save. Not sure why i still have the multi log in's though,while looking around the new site, Thanks for jumping in and trying to explain things to me, 2 thumbs up for that,thanks. I Hope it will still be a good place for reading the posts,and still have plenty of good advice,well see i guess.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:10 PM
BlackBagger
Cruiser

Got my Avatar back up and running but can't get the Sig pic to work, made it smaller and all but still doesn't show, whats the trick?

Mike

Old 08-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OK...what's required to get my sig up now?

Originally Posted by wtf6316
Great it works. So what about signature pics and avatars? Terrys works?
Terry's sig size don't look kosher to me.

What's the trick to getting one posted up? Can't seem to satisfy the system.
Also got logged out automatically once so far. What's up with that?

CN