Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Welcome To The New and Improved HDF

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Alien Spyder
Grand HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I hope you have copies of your pic's Nikon. I believe their all gone.

Good luck settin up your signature. If your having trouble shoot me a PM and I'll try to help. It took me quite a while to figure it out.

Originally Posted by nikonf8
it seems that my gallery is gone along with the advar and signature is this something that happened in the conversion can you get it back. please let me know

Old 08-17-2008, 12:35 PM
av8r
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a vBulletin powered forum that I've been using for several years. It's always been very fast and everything works easily and flawlessly. You click on a forum or thread and it pops up instanly. This forum does not use signature pictures and I wonder if that makes a difference.

When I first came to HD Forums, I was surprised by all the signature pics and felt that while it was nice to look at lots of pictures, it was also kind of annoying to see the same ones over and over all the time. I've since become used to that and it doesn't bother me anymore and I kind of like it now, but I was just wondering if we could live without them if they are slowing the site down and making life difficult for the admins who could be spending their time better making other things on the site work better.

The RC site above allows you to upload what they call a profile picture, similar to a sig pic, but it's not displayed on every post. It can be quickly viewed by just clicking on the user's name.

When members want to post pics, they are easily uploaded into the message and there's even a neat feature that allows you to quickly browse through just the pictures in a thread without having to scroll through all the messages. That site is very easy to use and quick to access and get information from.

Just a thought....

Old 08-17-2008, 01:51 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 97FXSTSB
Are we not able to post pics in the threads yet? I dont see the formatting and Insert Image buttons...
I like to upload my pics to photobucket.com. Then I copy/paste the

IMG code

link into my post. That makes the pic show in the post. The code is no longer case sensitive so I don't have to change anything. Works like this:

Old 08-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Kristy1980
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It figures, I go away for a while and when I come back everything is changed!! I like the new getup here. Looks good!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Please read the new announcement at the top of all the forums. We will be upgrading the servers tomorrow night.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:43 AM
bezoar
Tourer
Default problems still

I can't get any thread notifications despite signing up for instant email. Can't get my pic either. Same pic and same img stuff but no pic. Whats going on?? Thought this was fixed?

Old 08-19-2008, 07:50 AM
bezoar
Tourer
Default OK so the pic works now BUT

still don't get email notification of posts to subscribed threads

Old 08-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tiny pictures

I was wondering if the size of the allowed attachments is ever going to be increased? It is a little bit of a pain having to downsize everything to those small little pictures.

Thanks.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:42 PM
bezoar
Tourer
Thumbs down Hello administrator!!!!

Pardon the shouting but I AM NOT GETTING EMAIL NOTIFICATION OF POSTS!!!!

Old 08-21-2008, 08:22 PM
cycletrash98
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what happen to?

what happen to the links to click on the hottest thread and today's new post ,and the post all the new post?