Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

HDForum Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008 | 11:08 PM
Rev00
|
Tourer
Default HDForum Issues

For about 3 or 4 days now, can't hardly get HDForums to come up. Times out, server not found, or the page partially draws then stalls. It's been real bad. I'm not having any issues visiting any other sites, just HDForums.

Anyone else seeing problems?

Rev

Old 03-24-2008 | 12:30 AM
Hal64hd
Road Master
Veteran: Air Force
Default RE: HDForum Issues

This has been posted several times and the moderator says there is no problem. I think there should be a pole on the subject myself. Reminds me of the old dialup days

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2994354/tm.htm

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2910812/tm.htm

Old 03-24-2008 | 11:05 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

We don't need a pole on it. We need people to post about the problem. The problem is that not everyone is having this problem. They are checking on the forum as we speak to try to figure out why 3 people who live in New Mexico can't log on but everyone who lives in Texas has no problem. Do you see where I'm coming from here. Some people using Internet Explorer have switched to Firefox (like me) and have no problem at all. Some people using Internes Explorer are not having any problems. I don't know what else to tell you except to be patient and try another computer to see if you are having the same probems. Dump your cookies, run spyware and see if it could possible be on your end.

Old 03-24-2008 | 12:24 PM
Rev00
|
Tourer

Terry, I'm from Texas and it is surely messed up here as well. I tried it all different hours including early (3am) and still get Timeouts. Pages come up sometimes and most the time they don't. Files and Cookies have been flushed, but it also does it from 4 different machines here. Problems started overnight and have persisted for almost 5 days now.

Not sure what else to tell you.

Old 03-24-2008 | 01:23 PM
Hal64hd
Road Master
Veteran: Air Force

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

We don't need a pole on it. We need people to post about the problem. The problem is that not everyone is having this problem. They are checking on the forum as we speak to try to figure out why 3 people who live in New Mexico can't log on but everyone who lives in Texas has no problem. Do you see where I'm coming from here. Some people using Internet Explorer have switched to Firefox (like me) and have no problem at all. Some people using Internes Explorer are not having any problems. I don't know what else to tell you except to be patient and try another computer to see if you are having the same probems. Dump your cookies, run spyware and see if it could possible be on your end.
DONE IT, DID IT, NO CHANGE, At home, at work, and my dads. 2 systems on *** cable 1 on embarq

Old 03-24-2008 | 02:19 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Hey Rev,

I understand what you are saying and I was only using Texas as an example. I've forwarded this thread along with the other Forum Issues threads to Big Admin so that they know about the problem. We are aware of it. The problem is, it's like that noise in your car that only happens when you are on the way to the shop but you never hear it when the mechanic is driving it. This should be happening to everyone or no one. I'm not having any problems with my Gateway Laptop using Firefox. I can fire up my Dell Inspirion (brand new), log on to the forum (using Firefox) and it hangs up on every thread. I tried it yesterday with the laptops side by side. It makes no sense. Internet explorer sucks on both laptops. I'm going to delete Firefox on my new computer and reload it to see if that helps. Do you understand my frustration when I'm using two different laptops sitting three feet apart and the brand new one will barely load the forum but my 6 year old gateway is lightening fast?

ORIGINAL: Rev00

Terry, I'm from Texas and it is surely messed up here as well. I tried it all different hours including early (3am) and still get Timeouts. Pages come up sometimes and most the time they don't. Files and Cookies have been flushed, but it also does it from 4 different machines here. Problems started overnight and have persisted for almost 5 days now.

Not sure what else to tell you.

Old 03-26-2008 | 09:01 AM
outdoorgirl57
Road Master

Checking in from New Mexico... Here at work (IE6 and T1 connection) I can get on with no problems. At home, (Wildblue satellite connection andIE7 [I think wildblue uses ATTWorldnet]) I can't get on HDForums at all. Thursday was the last time I was able to get on the site. But as I posted before, I have been having problems on and off for months now logging on to or surfing HDForums. At present, I get the following errormessage:

Network Error (dns_server_failure)

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server.

The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Previously, I tried dumping cookies. etc. and it didn't help. Up until this morning, I didn't have any problems with any other site other than HDForums. This morning I also had problems with a New Mexico motorcycling site...though it isn't isn't hosted locally.

Old 03-26-2008 | 09:16 AM
Rev00
|
Tourer

Yes, same issues here. About 9 out of 10 tries fail since last week. Before, I would just have it occassionally during peak periods. Right now, I have tried Peak and Non-Peak times with the same results. It took refreshing about a dozen or so times to get the site to come up so I could enter this message.

Old 03-26-2008 | 11:06 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Try deleting your shortcut to HDF and then google it and pull it up that way. If that works then save a new shortcut. Let me know here if that works.

ORIGINAL: outdoorgirl57

Checking in from New Mexico... Here at work (IE6 and T1 connection) I can get on with no problems. At home, (Wildblue satellite connection andIE7 [I think wildblue uses ATTWorldnet]) I can't get on HDForums at all. Thursday was the last time I was able to get on the site. But as I posted before, I have been having problems on and off for months now logging on to or surfing HDForums. At present, I get the following errormessage:

Network Error (dns_server_failure)

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server.

The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Previously, I tried dumping cookies. etc. and it didn't help. Up until this morning, I didn't have any problems with any other site other than HDForums. This morning I also had problems with a New Mexico motorcycling site...though it isn't isn't hosted locally.

Old 03-28-2008 | 03:00 PM
ozy
Advanced

It is definately an issue here.

Most of my time is spent on a Linux machine running firefox. I have the same problem on a windoze xp machine running either firefox or IE.

I am in Colorado Springs and Comcast is my provider. That seems to the be common factor for me. I take my laptop anywhere else and use a different provider and am yet to see the problem. When a page fails to load it just sits at "waiting for www.hdforums.com" until it times out.

It make posting near impossible. If it works this will be my 52nd post in something like a year of hanging around. I'm quiet but not that quiet.

Quick Reply: HDForum Issues