Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Why does it take so long to load?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008 | 02:40 PM
cgonzgo
Tourer
Default RE: Why does it take so long to load?

Not in my case, adblock on with firefox, and all the ad's load fine with IE6. It dosn't seem to matter what time of the day either. Getting to the point that I almost hate coming to the site....but I just can't quite stay away :-)

Even posting this reply, it locks up and I have to cut and paste what I wrote, refresh the page and do it again.

OK, 3rd try now.....

Old 03-03-2008 | 10:13 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

its night and day for me if I well I don't use ad blocker but I do prevent my machine from going to the doubleclick domain.

Old 04-06-2008 | 11:28 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

its night and day for me if I well I don't use ad blocker but I do prevent my machine from going to the doubleclick domain.

I wish I knew how to do that. I run Vista so any pointers would be much appreciated. If this carries on I will just have to stop comming here.

Old 04-08-2008 | 10:42 PM
Ca.Fatlad
Road Master

I have Vista..high speed cable,,new dell with lot's of ball's....i have the same problem with only 1 site }J&P cycle.. don't use it any more it is that slow!!!

Old 04-09-2008 | 01:35 AM
WildBill2566
Road Master

I to run Vista on a quad core super fast PC with fast broadband. I use many other sites with no problems but this site is slow. I tend to try and use the site when its quiter and things speed up a bit.

Old 04-10-2008 | 02:21 AM
Rhinohd
Road Captain

I have had problems for a long time now. I surf many sites and from many locations and this one is ALWAYS slow as heck. I'd spend a lot more time on the site if it wasn't so darn slow. It's Slow in IE, FireFox and Safari. I hope you folks are not on shared hosting... Maybe a database performance issue?

Old 04-10-2008 | 07:16 AM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member

I too have the issue with both firefox and IE as of the last month or so. Also since then, if I close the browser and come back I am not still logged in even though the save as cookie is checked. Some settings were changed recently to cause issues. Not a computer guru so I hope someone can come up with an answer. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2008 | 11:36 AM
testifer
Road Master

the pages load a little slow...but it takes me 15 mins to get a cursor just to get a reply in...it sucks, i am running firefox...ie doesnt even work..its the only forum i have a problem with, thats why i dont come on here often...who wants to sit for 10 mins to load 1 page to read something...then another 15 mins for a reply...today is the only day i am able to post...what is up with this?

Old 04-14-2008 | 11:06 PM
Philt
Road Master

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. This site is slow. It is better with Firefox, but still is slow. But I can live with it. It isn't unbearable.
Phil

Old 04-14-2008 | 11:33 PM
CoyoteJoe
Banned

Ditto, this is the SLOWEST site I've ever visited, regardless of the browser I've used. I think they need a new programming staff. If this was eBay or amazon, they'd be out of biz long ago with all the issues I've seen in just the realitively short time I've been here.

Quick Reply: Why does it take so long to load?