Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Why does it take so long to load?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008 | 12:39 PM
cgonzgo
Tourer
Default RE: Why does it take so long to load?

Something is wrong here. I have 2 computers, side by side one running Firefox (been using it for years), the other running IE6 and the same thing keeps happening. Loads one page fine, then go to load another page and nothing happens. Hit the stop button, refresh, do this a few times then pops right up. Same with either program. I am running through a 1.5MPS download server. Not happening on any other sites. Seems to be worse during the day. It is across the entire forum, pictures, profiles, posting, happens all the time but for the past 2-3 weeks, seems to be worse. I know there was a way to check the script for errors to see if it was a server issue a while back. Just frustrating more than anything.

Old 02-22-2008 | 04:24 PM
Bottomend
Banned

I just loaded Firefox, it helps but still slow. At least now I can post.

Old 02-22-2008 | 05:15 PM
av8r
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: cgonzgo

Something is wrong here. I have 2 computers, side by side one running Firefox (been using it for years), the other running IE6 and the same thing keeps happening. Loads one page fine, then go to load another page and nothing happens. Hit the stop button, refresh, do this a few times then pops right up. Same with either program. I am running through a 1.5MPS download server. Not happening on any other sites. Seems to be worse during the day. It is across the entire forum, pictures, profiles, posting, happens all the time but for the past 2-3 weeks, seems to be worse. I know there was a way to check the script for errors to see if it was a server issue a while back. Just frustrating more than anything.
I agree. The same exact thing is happening with me with both Firefox and IE. I have a fast computer and a high speed broadband internet connection. It happened when I clicked on the link to this thread in the email notification. I went to another forum from an email notification link and it popped right up immediately. Then I clicked on this one again and it popped right up. Same thing when I clicked on the Quote button to do this reply. The first two tries nothing happened. It just says "Waiting for www.hdforums.com in the status bar, but nothing happens for a long, long time. The third time it popped right up.

Old 02-24-2008 | 06:22 PM
Vrod Mike
Advanced

I noticed that this site is very slow compared to other forums I belong to. It can take as long as 10 seconds for a page to load where other forums I belong to only take 2-3 seconds to load a page. Most of the other forums I belong to us vbulletin, so maybe the software this site uses is slower? At any rate I spend less time here because I find it frustrating to wait for a page to load.

Old 02-27-2008 | 01:15 PM
Hal64hd
Road Master
Veteran: Air Force

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one! this is the only sight I have problems with and I go to 20+ sights a day

Old 03-02-2008 | 05:47 AM
RADLINE
Cruiser

Glad to see that I'm not the only one having these issues.
I use Firefox and have a fast cable modem connection.
I have no difficulties browsing other forums.
Here I have to click on a link or a new page up to 3 times for it to work.
Sometimes I cant reply to a topic, I have to click on preview first, then click ok.
I'm kinda used to it now, but sure wish that someone could look into it.

Old 03-02-2008 | 08:17 AM
outdoorgirl57
Road Master

I have satellite Internet and over the past 3 weeks, I can't even get on the high traffic areas like Off-Topic or General HD Chat unless it is very late at night. It will try to load and then I'll get an error message. The last 2 days, I couldn'taccess the forums at all. I kept getting"Site Under Construction." Likewise, I'm not having trouble browsing any other sites.

Old 03-02-2008 | 10:51 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

its ad.doubleclick.net getting overloaded at times. doubleclick has images all over every frickin page here.
Because it's revenue for the forum, I'm not going to say how to remove them but a little research can help

Old 03-02-2008 | 11:00 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

People who are getting the "Site Under Construction" need to delete their old link to HDF and put up a new one. That problem started when we worked on the forum several days ago.

I'm not having any problems with the forum on my home computer using high speen cable. I use to have the problem mentioned above where I had to click on "Stop" and try to reload the page on my computer at work using DSL. I'm not sure what caused that but I just reported the problem to "Big Admin" again. The problem is that it's only certain members having this problem. It's a hard fix if one person is lightening fast and someone 2 miles away can't get a page to load.

Terry

Old 03-02-2008 | 11:13 AM
FLHX08
Road Captain

I don't come here as often as I would like because this site is like having dailup connection. I'm glad to hear others are having the same problem and it's not just me.

I use firefox and have cable internet.

I'll try with adblocker and see if that helps, not sure I want it to block everything as mentioned on mozillas site, problems users are having that is.

Quick Reply: Why does it take so long to load?