Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Seeing others avatars

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 06:47 PM
I am Jerry
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeing others avatars

I've been playing around with my settings trying to speed the site up and for some reason I can't see others avatars now. I don't have the "Don't Show member's Avatar in posts" box checked.Any idea what's going on? Thanks for helping.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:28 AM
DevilsReject
Default RE: Seeing others avatars

ORIGINAL: I am Jerry

I've been playing around with my settings trying to speed the site up and for some reason I can't see others avatars now. I don't have the "Don't Show member's Avatar in posts" box checked.Any idea what's going on? Thanks for helping.

There are two ways you can view the forums. There's a flat style or a tree style. The default view is the Tree style. This is what 99% of our members are accustomed to seeing when they login.

What happened was you had somehow switched to the flat style. This removes the left side of every person's post. (Your avatar, personal info, etc)

It's pretty easy to accidently do. I usually answer about 5 questions like this a week or so. Near the top of each thread, is a few options (tree/flat style, subscribe, printable version). Should be at the top right of the very first post in each thread. Simply clicking flat or tree style changes the view.

I've corrected this for you already. I hope this is found helpful!

Old 02-07-2008, 06:58 PM
I am Jerry
Road Master

Cool, but just so you know. What ever you did didn't fix it. I went into my profile and changed it to "tree" and everything is like it used to be. Thanks for your help.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:29 AM
I am Jerry
Road Master

Correction, I had to change it to "flat style" to make it normal. Mine works just the opposite of the way you explained it. strange...................

Old 08-10-2009, 09:08 PM
1HarleyGuy1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Viewing avatars

I can't find anything that allows me to switch from "tree" to "flat" views. Any other suggestions?

1HarleyGuy1

Old 08-10-2009, 09:18 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to your User CP, then to thread display options, follow the FAQ guidelines below, hope this helps.

Thread Display Options

Can I change the order of threads?

You have a choice over how you view threads. When you're in a thread, look at the top bar. On the right hand side you'll see 'Display Mode'. Click on this and it lets you change how posts are ordered.

You have three choices:

Linear Mode - posts are displayed chronologically, usually from oldest to newest. Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously. It is possible to change the ordering by changing your preferences in the User CP

Threaded Mode - a tree is shown along with every post. This shows you the relationship each post has to the others. It's easy to see who responded to whom. Only one post is shown at a time. By clicking on a single post in the post tree, the page will show that post and all posts made in response to it.

Hybrid Mode - This is a mixture of the linear and threaded modes. The post tree is displayed as in the threaded mode, but many posts are shown at the same time as in the linear modes.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 PM
1HarleyGuy1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't even get the "thread display" option or anything clode to it in my User CP.