Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Pages always load SLOW on my home PC

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008 | 10:48 AM
fyh
|
Advanced
Default Pages always load SLOW on my home PC

Hi all,

I'm still fairly new here at hdforums. I ALWAYS have trouble accessing the forum from my home computer, although it usually works fine on my work computer.

I've tried deleting all temp Internet files and cookies, loading all SW updates from Microsoft, and even installed Firefox. Always the same symptom: It takes FOREVER to load a page from this forum on my home PC. All other sites and forums I visit work well, and come up quickly.

Is there maybe a java plugin that I don't have installed, or does this site require the lastest verion of the Java Runtime Environment, or maybe the latest version of flash player?

I'm just at a loss here!

I'm ditching my Bellsouth (At&t) 6Mbps DSL later today and going back to cable Internet at 7.5Mbps.
I still need to try the HD forum from another PC at my house... that would determine if it's something wrong on the PC or if it's something wrong with my DSL connection (maybe routing from AT&T to the hdforums servers).

Anyone else have similar experiences trying to access the forums? What was your solution?

Thanks!
Felix

Old 01-18-2008 | 06:39 AM
fyh
|
Advanced
Default RE: Pages always load SLOW on my home PC

I got my new Internet service hooked up yesterday! I did some speed tests, and I was able to pull down at a little over 9Mbps. That's BLAZING!!!! I can now actually use hdforums from my home pc.
Though it's still slower than all the other websites I visit on a daily basis...

Old 01-26-2008 | 07:06 PM
Kern
Road Master
Default RE: Pages always load SLOW on my home PC

Try using Firefox or Slimbrowser instead of Internet Explorer.