Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Questions For Those Having Trouble With HDF

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007 | 07:37 PM
Terry TK
|
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default Questions For Those Having Trouble With HDF

We are trying to compile a list of "what you have in common" that may help us determine what is causing "some" of you to have problems surfing on HDF. I know that for some members the forum is painfully slow. For other members (like myself) it is lightning fast. Please help us by posting below. If you are "NOT" having problems you do not need to post. We are attempting to fix whatever problems we are having here. Please ONLY post here if you have something constructive to add.

Please list what Internet Provider you use
Please list what browser you use
Try running spyware, clearing your cookies and temp files and see if it helps any.

Old 12-05-2007 | 09:12 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Questions For Those Having Trouble With HDF

Using RoadRunner broadband. Was using MSN browser but, because of the slow down, moved to Firefox...went good for a few days but, no slow again. Slow refreshing, time after posts, moving from forum to forum. Have run some spyware and really this is the only thing online I do that is slow?? Oh, and I can speed up the movement of the board by clicking on a thread and while waiting I can click the back one page then forward one page button and the thread comes up??

Old 12-05-2007 | 10:55 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

I called home and this is what I have for ya. Our internet providere is Quest and our browser is also Quest. We did a spyware thing last week. I have deleted all my cookies, cleaned up my files. I have been on at nite (11;45PM PST) and I have also been on during the day and it doesn't seem to matter.

Old 12-05-2007 | 10:57 PM
Terry TK
|
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SPRINGER

I called home and this is what I have for ya. Our internet providere is Quest and our browser is also Quest. We did a spyware thing last week. I have deleted all my cookies, cleaned up my files. I have been on at nite (11;45PM PST) and I have also been on during the day and it doesn't seem to matter.
Thanks Gary. I hope this helps them some.

Old 12-05-2007 | 11:17 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member

No problems running Comcast cable.

Old 12-05-2007 | 11:26 PM
RexBuck
Road Master

ISP - Shaw Cable
Browser - IE7
Run spywear regularly and deleted cookies after I started using HDF - neither helped.

Slow to really slow. Frequent hang-ups can sometimes be corrected by hitting the stop button.

At work:
ISP - Royal Bank
Browser - IE
Run spywear and clear cookies regularly

Moderate to really slow. Hangups sometimes time out. Frequently loose posts (I sometimes forget to copy them before I hit the post button so I can repost if it times out[sm=headbang.gif])

Old 12-05-2007 | 11:43 PM
RA51
Road Master

Site is real slow loading for me. But is a very good site so don't mind it to much. Have to click on links 2 to 3 times for them to work. This is the only site that gives me a problem.

Have comcast cable.
Just reformatted the computer an installed Win XP to see if that would help but still the same.
Was running Win 2000 before format so OS makes no difference.
Run CCleaner, Virus programs, Spyware remover with same issues.
I run both IE7 or FireFox makes no difference.

Old 12-06-2007 | 06:32 AM
WireDawg
Road Master

Site runs normal for high amount of background graphics (quite a bit w/ all the sponsors & ads). I also notice when you click on a forum; it takes a few seconds for all the signature pics to load. I believe the avatars are stored locally on your server (they load quickly) & signature pics(w/ graphics) are stored on other websites. It takes time for the forum to poll these sites & download the sig pics.....hope this helps your troubleshooting.

Running fresh Windows XP, Mozilla Firefox, AT&T DSL and cookies w/ temp get cleared when browser closes. Also.... for your webmaster (geek talk) since my IP is dynamic.....trace route goes different paths to destination everytime I authenticate........no change is speed.

Old 12-06-2007 | 06:44 AM
Slope
Road Captain

It sounds like you have a latency issue. Depending on the number of people making calls to pages, the server can be painfully slow to serve a page. I have been on HDF at all hours of the day and night, and the latency is different (based on traffic) but there nonetheless.

Old 12-06-2007 | 07:15 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior

Was using Charter High Speed. Changed over to Qwest DSL. Pages are very slow to load. Repling to a posts takes forever. Don't reply as often as I would like just for that reason.

Use Mozilla Firefox. I have deleted cookies etc. This is the only site I vist that gives me this issue.

Took me several minutes to get this to post by the way.

Quick Reply: Questions For Those Having Trouble With HDF