Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

site accessing problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007 | 01:56 PM
cornishman
|
Road Master
Default site accessing problems

Hi guys, upto 3 weeks ago i had no problem accessing the site using a wireless router / laptop. Since then i cannot log on to site(and its only hdforums.com that i cannot log onto).If i bypass the router and plug straight into the modem i have no problem logging on.Talking to Netgear the router manufacturer, they have said i must get a port number from hdforum.com to sort the problem. Does any of this make any sense to you guys? Any help / advise would be most welcome as i,m not to good with the tech side of computers, just want my forum back. Cheers guys.

Old 09-19-2007 | 02:15 PM
DevilsReject
Default RE: site accessing problems

ORIGINAL: cornishman

Hi guys, upto 3 weeks ago i had no problem accessing the site using a wireless router / laptop. Since then i cannot log on to site(and its only hdforums.com that i cannot log onto).If i bypass the router and plug straight into the modem i have no problem logging on.Talking to Netgear the router manufacturer, they have said i must get a port number from hdforum.com to sort the problem. Does any of this make any sense to you guys? Any help / advise would be most welcome as i,m not to good with the tech side of computers, just want my forum back. Cheers guys.
Dude, they fed you a load of crap.

If the problem doesnt exist prior to plugging into something, and only exists after you plug into something, then the problem resides with the hardware, not the webpage.

Chances are you have a setting turned on that doesnt need to be on, and its causing the page to not load. The other issue could be that the router is preventing the webpage from getting the proper DNS, so its not loading.

Old 09-19-2007 | 02:28 PM
cornishman
|
Road Master
Default RE: site accessing problems

Hi when you say setting turned on can you enlarge, which settings to try? Cheers