Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Photo posts upside down

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014 | 10:21 PM
Ezridr60
|
Tourer
Veteran: Air Force
Received 122 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Photo posts upside down

I was recently trying to post a photo. In my photo file (on an iPad) the photo displays correctly. Uploaded photo, previewed post and photo is upside down. Not the first time I've seen this, other people have posted photos and they are also displayed upside down. Most of the time my photos display correctly, just once in awhile I get this. Anyone shed any light on why you'll get an upload that displays this way in such a random manner?

Old 10-28-2014 | 08:58 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I've never seen or heard of this before. Let's see if anyone else has had this happen.

Old 10-29-2014 | 09:44 AM
Ezridr60
|
Tourer
Veteran: Air Force
Received 122 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry"TheTrollKiller"
I've never seen or heard of this before. Let's see if anyone else has had this happen.

Terry, did some more googling, apparently it's an Apple issue. That said I did some testing of my own. Took a series of 4 pictures, two with iPhone (ios7) lens oriented upper/left and lower/right. Same thing with an iPad (ios8). All photos show correctly when viewing on each device. Posted each picture, previewed, showed up correctly. Went back and loaded the photo that previewed upside down, viola, views correctly. It's the attached photo. Just so you don't think I'm nuts this is from one of the google searches:

"IPhone is the only 'Apple' I use and use the camera often. Many times when I post a photo it is upside down. I have used Microsoft Picture Manager to rotate it properly, but when I post the photo it shows upside down.
On the Apple forum they blame Microsoft for not reading some tag. Whatever.....does anyone else run into this? I miss my Blackberry.

Thanks as always,
Jane"

I have no explanation as to why this photo originally posted upside down and is now posting correctly, I have not done anything to edit the photo like rotating, etc.

Attached Thumbnails Photo posts upside down-image.jpg