Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

V&H Super radius ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 11:11 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Holy crap! That video was awsome. And the video was obviously made with the "sound insert" baffles left in. They made them so you can run them in or out with just a set screw, supposed to be pretty easy. They finally came in so I'll have mine on and running by this Friday evening. Check back and I'll give a yell out on the sound and such. Pics and vid may follow later if I can quit riding her long enough to do that. You can always hope. I was trying to remain quite until I got them installed, but Mantis, you just made my day with that video. Thank you! Now I really can't wait.

Last edited by ILMFBL; 07-16-2014 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:30 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior

Ooppps!

Last edited by ILMFBL; 07-16-2014 at 11:33 PM. Reason: I suck at tech!
Old 07-18-2014, 09:33 PM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior

The super radius are on, and 1K service done. They look good, sound good and get even better when you jump on it. I also did the VO2 naked and the FP3 at the same time. All went smooth with the FP3. Flashed the bike in the dealers parking lot and a couple of the guys were a little amazed how easy it was and using my phone to do it no less. Previously, they had given me smack about Fuelpak 3 and said it would void my warranty when it burned a hole in my pistons or killed my ecu or both. They weren't even talking about the right tuner but I kept my mouth shut and let em think what they wanted. Gotta be sert or nothin', right? Anyway, I haven't even taken the removable '"quite inserts" out of the SR's yet and I already love 'em so I can't wait to hear them after I do that! V&H even gives a seperate map for that. Those will come out tomorrow 'cause it's been a real long day and a short little ride (100miles) and I'm tired and going to bed now. Ride safe.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:59 AM
mantis_404
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ILMFBL
The super radius are on, and 1K service done. They look good, sound good and get even better when you jump on it. I also did the VO2 naked and the FP3 at the same time. All went smooth with the FP3. Flashed the bike in the dealers parking lot and a couple of the guys were a little amazed how easy it was and using my phone to do it no less. Previously, they had given me smack about Fuelpak 3 and said it would void my warranty when it burned a hole in my pistons or killed my ecu or both. They weren't even talking about the right tuner but I kept my mouth shut and let em think what they wanted. Gotta be sert or nothin', right? Anyway, I haven't even taken the removable '"quite inserts" out of the SR's yet and I already love 'em so I can't wait to hear them after I do that! V&H even gives a seperate map for that. Those will come out tomorrow 'cause it's been a real long day and a short little ride (100miles) and I'm tired and going to bed now. Ride safe.
Any updates or pics?

Old 08-24-2014, 03:30 AM
ILMFBL
Road Warrior

Mantis, sorry didn't see your post but yes I do have an update. I removed the baffles a while ago, flashed the new map(FP3) and the bike took off like a bat outa hell! Love these pipes and tuner! We live in the country and my wife says she can here me coming from 1.5 miles away. I got to really hear them for the fist time the other day when I went to the dealer about a question I had. One of the service reps took my bike out for a test ride. At start up I'm not thinking much, but then when he took off I heard 'em for real and they almost scared me they were so low and loud! Huge is what comes to mind. Can't explain the sound but these pipes are the biggest bad *** pipes I've ever heard. Their sound is on a level all their own. I really couldn't believe it was my bike. More towards the side of Nascar. The baffles were also easy removal like I thought, out in 20 mins tops. That's heat shields off and on too. Sorry, no pics yet, but if you're thinking of getting them, DO! You won't be disappointed.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:43 PM
mantis_404
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went with the big radius and installed smart partz quiet baffles...perfect!