Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Couple questions regarding Big Radius V & H

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:32 AM
ragrat64
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple questions regarding Big Radius V & H

Good morning guys. Here is what I currently have on my bike

I think they are samson pipes, however there is no markings on them. My question is, Will the Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes fit without issues with my stock floorboards?
Also, The pipes I have now are not baffled, however I have the (insert name of part here) thingys that sit in the pipe by the heads to create backpressure.
If I run Big Radius without Baffles and with these things, will I most likely need to rejet? Any help would be appreciated!!

Old 03-27-2007, 12:30 PM
boone432
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Couple questions regarding Big Radius V & H

I Have the Big radius pipes on my 06 night train...I'm at work now and don't have my bike, but I don't think they will effect your floorboards...I think I'm gonna go get it on lunch if the storms hold off so ill check out how my pipes run and get back to you in a couple hours.....

Old 03-27-2007, 03:14 PM
boone432
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks to me like you would be fine, but that's just by visually looking at my bike and your picture, but from the view of your pictureit looks like the pipes run in the same spot until mine curve up right about the back of your floorboard. are floorboards wider towards the bike than a peg.....I really do think that you'll be fine. These pipes are sweet though. If thats what you choose you can't go wrong..... they soundawesome and they look bad ***.....The only problem i have is with the passenger foot peg being right on top of the pipe.... your passengers just need to be careful not to rest their shoe on it.......if you want to take a close up of your setup now, more from above i could get you a better idea....but for now im gonna say that theyll work.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:41 PM
ragrat64
Cruiser

Boone432- Thanks for the replies- I might have gone out on a limb but I ordered a set of Hooker Troublemakers about an hour ago......

Old 03-29-2007, 07:31 AM
06standard
6th Gear

I have a 2006 softail standard with the VH big radius. I took out the baffles that came with the pipes and installed big city thunder baffles (louder, no loss of torque).

As far as the jetting, I would ride bike and see how it reacts.

My bike is carburated, factory CV40 with 48 pilot jet, 190 main jet,after market jet needle w/clip on fourth notch, slide drilled out. (1/8")

Bike run wells with no flat spots andpipes are loud with big city thunder baffles. Hope thishelps.